Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I saw an opportunity...

The shop called and told me I had a shredder call off base. My girl gave me an address and a mans name ans said he wouldn't give a business name. I go to the address and there were 4 businesses in it. It took me the third door before I found the customer. Just some 4 letter acronym on the door a push button lock on it. A man let me in and told me to have a seat, as the shredder was in a room being used for an interveiw. As I sat I noticed a cap laying on a desk with the same symbol as was on the hoodie I was wearing, which was for a Special Ops training course. That, and a plaque on the wall led me to deduce that they were a defence contractor, possibly dealing with some "secret squirrel" stuff. The guy who let me in went to the bathroom, and a few seconds later the door opens to the conference room, a man walks outgiving me a strange look. Then a second man walks out, looks at me and ask "Are you next?"
    "Sure" I said as I jumped up, thinking he was offering me the room to do my job. I walk in and there are 2 men sitting at the table. One ask me to have a seat.
    At this moment I realized that they thought I was next for an interview.
    They ask my name and where I had been working recently. When I told them I had been working for Special ops for 15 years, they both looked at each other with raised eyebrows, as though they were impressed.
    "Well, who have you worked for most recently?"
    Thinking of my work order I did this morning, I replied "My most recent mission was for the 8th Psyop Battalion."
    Again they seemed impressed. One mentioned he had been it Psyops.
    "What were you doing for them?"
    "Fixing their copier."
    Instantly they both looked dumbfounded.
    "Huh?"
    "I am the copy repairman, I came here to look at your shredder."
    One of the laughed as he realized I was messing with them.
    "You realize this was an interview for a position that requires a top secret clearance?"
    "I assumed as much, I figured if I got through the interview, I could worry about the clearance later. I don't know what you guys do, but I bet it pays more than what I make, so I took a shot. By the way, how was I doing?"
    "Actually, you were looking better than one prospect already"

Just when I thought I was out...they kicked me back in.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    I saw an opportunity...

Re: I saw an opportunity...

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    The shop called and told me I had a shredder call off base. My girl gave me an address and a mans name ans said he wouldn't give a business name. I go to the address and there were 4 businesses in it. It took me the third door before I found the customer. Just some 4 letter acronym on the door a push button lock on it. A man let me in and told me to have a seat, as the shredder was in a room being used for an interveiw. As I sat I noticed a cap laying on a desk with the same symbol as was on the hoodie I was wearing, which was for a Special Ops training course. That, and a plaque on the wall led me to deduce that they were a defence contractor, possibly dealing with some "secret squirrel" stuff. The guy who let me in went to the bathroom, and a few seconds later the door opens to the conference room, a man walks outgiving me a strange look. Then a second man walks out, looks at me and ask "Are you next?"
    "Sure" I said as I jumped up, thinking he was offering me the room to do my job. I walk in and there are 2 men sitting at the table. One ask me to have a seat.
    At this moment I realized that they thought I was next for an interview.
    They ask my name and where I had been working recently. When I told them I had been working for Special ops for 15 years, they both looked at each other with raised eyebrows, as though they were impressed.
    "Well, who have you worked for most recently?"
    Thinking of my work order I did this morning, I replied "My most recent mission was for the 8th Psyop Battalion."
    Again they seemed impressed. One mentioned he had been it Psyops.
    "What were you doing for them?"
    "Fixing their copier."
    Instantly they both looked dumbfounded.
    "Huh?"
    "I am the copy repairman, I came here to look at your shredder."
    One of the laughed as he realized I was messing with them.
    "You realize this was an interview for a position that requires a top secret clearance?"
    "I assumed as much, I figured if I got through the interview, I could worry about the clearance later. I don't know what you guys do, but I bet it pays more than what I make, so I took a shot. By the way, how was I doing?"
    "Actually, you were looking better than one prospect already"

Just when I thought I was out...they kicked me back in.
    Nice!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    I saw an opportunity...

Red face Re: I saw an opportunity...

You should post this in the jokes forum.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    I saw an opportunity...

Quote Originally Posted by JustManuals.com View Post
    You should post this in the jokes forum.
    It should at least be a SNL skit.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

All I could think of while looking at the 2 guys across from me, were the 2 Bobs from Office Space.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I saw an opportunity...

We're in the best of hands.......

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts danceswrabbit's Avatar

AWSOME!!!!!!