Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Better Call Paul

Re: Better Call Paul

its monday morning ,i hate mondays and i just read better call paul .i know he will be missed on ctn.my condolences to his family.

i never met him but i had a few email conversations with him .what a man, funny helpfull and every thing else .

rest in peace Paul.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blsquires View Post
    its monday morning ,i hate mondays
    Yeah me as well...
    I'm not fussed on late Sunday afternoon as I know Monday is coming. I hate overcast days, but I love the rain. If you figure that one out let me know too...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Better Call Paul

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Yeah me as well...
    I'm not fussed on late Sunday afternoon as I know Monday is coming. I hate overcast days, but I love the rain. If you figure that one out let me know too...
    Is it raining "sunshine"?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blsquires View Post

i never met him but i had a few email conversations with him .what a man, funny helpfull and every thing else .

rest in peace Paul.
    Same here and couldn't agree more, we ended up talking about downtown abbey as I'm English and we all live like that
    like so many here even though I never met him it did bring a tear to my eye.

all the best.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Just seeing this now. Paul bailed me out of a few issues right before his surgery. I knew he must have had some issues since he hadn't been as active on the site, but like everyone else I was hoping for the best.

My condolences to his family, and to all those who knew him. My history with him only went as far as a few manuals, some firmware, and a few emails, but it was always good to know that he was always there ready to help.

We're all going to miss you Paul, but I'm sure you're already collecting manuals for anything that breaks in the afterlife.

--sent from my BlackBerry using the Android app

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Better Call Paul

If your scratching your head over a tough problem and you're wondering if you should call in some help but all of a sudden the answer comes to mind perhaps it's Paul being helpful as ever but from the other side of the great divide! !
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Better Call Paul

I am gutted. Paul, rest in peace and fare well in your new life with no sorrows.

Condolences to his family.

PS: although late I'll chip in for flowers or contribution in memory of Paul. Whos in charge?
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Never was a fan of his buisiness and had quite some differneces at time but that's all peanuts now. R(ep)IP Paul!!

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Better Call Paul

I'm not a religious person, and I don't believe in the afterlife. I'm just hoping and wishing his departure was a peaceful and painless one.

Paul was a funny guy, often joking about himself. We banged our heads at the beginning, but we became sort of friends after that (I won't say "good" friends because we never met personally, although he once said he was curious about us talking over the phone so we could listen to eachother's voices - now I'm sad because we never got to do that...)

Heck, enough with the depressive state of mind! I've always seen Paul here on the forum either joking or ranting, never depressive!

So, now if any of you guys even think of dying like this, I'll go to your grave, dig you up and bitchslap you for making me more depressed than I already am!

Peace!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I'm not a religious person, and I don't believe in the afterlife. I'm just hoping and wishing his departure was a peaceful and painless one.

Paul was a funny guy, often joking about himself. We banged our heads at the beginning, but we became sort of friends after that (I won't say "good" friends because we never met personally, although he once said he was curious about us talking over the phone so we could listen to eachother's voices - now I'm sad because we never got to do that...)

Heck, enough with the depressive state of mind! I've always seen Paul here on the forum either joking or ranting, never depressive!

So, now if any of you guys even think of dying like this, I'll go to your grave, dig you up and bitchslap you for making me more depressed than I already am!

Peace!
    I'm not a religious person either, but I am quite spiritual and believe in the afterlife quite strongly, I'm sure Paul is at peace wherever he is now, or, more likely, he's giving red cards to anyone who pisses him off

Will you consider me a good friend when you get your backside to the UK and finally meet me
    You'd better do it soon, after all, I'm going to be an old lady soon lol

Now cheer up or I'll bitchslap you
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't