Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Retiring

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Retiring

Re: Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I think I probably need a passport first lol
    One of the Christmas's I was away we had VERY strong winds, it was amazing, we were camped in a valley (the site I'm going to next week) and you could hear the wind coming down the valley towards you, your tent then shook like crazy, then you listened to it going away from you, a couple of minutes later the next gust would come. Only about half the tents on site survived the night, the site owners had made everyone move their tents away from trees during the day so no casualties. There were stronger winds the following night, but by then all the cheap tents had gone
    That's one way to get rid of the riff raff.
    Happily, most of my camping experiences have been fairly uneventful. Only the self induced inconveniences. A little too much whisky at night can make the next day a bit difficult.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Cheers John, we're all jealous!! Do log in sometime and tell us how long it is before you finally get the toner out from under your finger nails.

Oh Hum, its only 5 years, 2 months and a week until I can join you. (not that I'm counting)
    Only a week for the toner to go.
    However still expcting the phone to announce another service call - maybe should turn it off

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Retiring

You'll get used to it. Enjoy the things you like to do ... if you can remember what they were. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Retiring

......... I wish I could pack the tent into the back of my car and head up there right now.........
    Sorry, but just can't understand the attraction of camping. Why leave a perfectly good house with electric lights, running water and sanitation to go and live like a third world refugee?????
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Sorry, but just can't understand the attraction of camping. Why leave a perfectly good house with electric lights, running water and sanitation to go and live like a third world refugee?????
    There's no way you can explain the attraction to someone who doesn't get it, but once it's in your blood, that's it, I don't feel like I've had a holiday unless I lose those home comforts that you crave so much
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

There's no way you can explain the attraction to someone who doesn't get it, but once it's in your blood, that's it, I don't feel like I've had a holiday unless I lose those home comforts that you crave so much
    No glamping(glory-camping) for me either. Ya just gotta get out there and do it. Otherwise you'll be sitting in your rocking chair when you're ninety years old and you'll have no real life stories to tell...

My family and I just got back from a day out on the water. We have a beautiful chain of islands just 20km off our coast line. We sometimes camp over night on the water between the islands. We quite often see humpback whales, leatherback turtles, sea snakes, huge fish, multiple bird life, flying fish, dolphins etc... The locals are very worried about the mining and energy construction along our immediate coastline. A lot of wild life has suffered greatly during the last five years of construction. It will not get any better once the bulk shipping takes over our beautiful reef and turns it into their bank-balance highway.
    I tell my family to enjoy the islands while you can, for their natural beauty will not remain that way for future generations.

Go on get out there... be safe and always know your limitations.....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    No glamping(glory-camping) for me either. Ya just gotta get out there and do it. Otherwise you'll be sitting in your rocking chair when you're ninety years old and you'll have no real life stories to tell...

My family and I just got back from a day out on the water. We have a beautiful chain of islands just 20km off our coast line. We sometimes camp over night on the water between the islands. We quite often see humpback whales, leatherback turtles, sea snakes, huge fish, multiple bird life, flying fish, dolphins etc... The locals are very worried about the mining and energy construction along our immediate coastline. A lot of wild life has suffered greatly during the last five years of construction. It will not get any better once the bulk shipping takes over our beautiful reef and turns it into their bank-balance highway.
    I tell my family to enjoy the islands while you can, for their natural beauty will not remain that way for future generations.

Go on get out there... be safe and always know your limitations.....
    That sounds incredible, you are so lucky
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Our retiring post has turned into a camping post. That's cool. When I retire I'm going to do more camping. So it fits. I am about 20 minutes from the top of our mountain pass. 4000 feet. The mountains go up higher from there tho. Get out and see the wildlife. Deer, elk, hawks, etc. And you don't need a shower every day you know. Can't wait for another vocano to erupt . Mt St Helens was kinda cool. LOL. Not.Enjoy life folks.

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Our retiring post has turned into a camping post. That's cool. When I retire I'm going to do more camping. So it fits. I am about 20 minutes from the top of our mountain pass. 4000 feet. The mountains go up higher from there tho. Get out and see the wildlife. Deer, elk, hawks, etc. And you don't need a shower every day you know. Can't wait for another vocano to erupt . Mt St Helens was kinda cool. LOL. Not.Enjoy life folks.
    I love the way threads evolve
    Why wait until you retire to do more camping? Get out there and enjoy it now, especially when you have so much so close by

Well that's it, the car is almost packed, I am off first thing in the morning, you all get a week's peace from me I can't wait to get my tent up, surrounded by mountains, and not a copier in sight for a whole week