malay0803

Practice/starter ex spouse stories

A few of us may be past our first marriages but the malady lingers on. We'd love to hear any fun stories from the past. Anything amusing and please, nothing depressing. Here's the first of mine:

So one night, the kids are sound asleep and the dog is, too, and I'm on my hands and knees washing the kitchen floor when he walks in from playing Bridge, sees me and asks what I'm doing.
    Now, any sensible person would see the cleaner, the paper towels, the mop and just give a wild guess that I'm not in the midst of making Chocolate Mousse but I replied, "Washing the floor". It was a very big floor - over 300 sq. ft.

NOTE: We had the Armstrong linoleum installed earlier that year.

His words still remain with me: "I thought it was no wash".

I had to explain the difference between NO WASH and NO WAX.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Re: Practice/starter ex spouse stories

I'm really amazed at the subtle way of sneaking a link onto the post. Clearly the least annoying spam I've ever seen - were the story more interesting and not your first post, then I'd never notice it. Kudos for that, if not for anything else.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

My 1st wife and I divorced many years ago, she remarried the very next day, but neglected to mention it to me and continued to collect alimony for several years after this. When I found out, I was hopping mad and told her to F*** off and die. She was gracious enough to do this a few years later with a drug overdose. Pretty funny Eh? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malay0803 View Post
    A few of us may be past our first marriages but the malady lingers on. We'd love to hear any fun stories from the past. Anything amusing and please, nothing depressing. Here's the first of mine:

So one night, the kids are sound asleep and the dog is, too, and I'm on my hands and knees washing the kitchen floor when he walks in from playing Bridge, sees me and asks what I'm doing.
    Now, any sensible person would see the cleaner, the paper towels, the mop and just give a wild guess that I'm not in the midst of making Chocolate Mousse but I replied, "Washing the floor". It was a very big floor - over 300 sq. ft.

NOTE: We had the Armstrong linoleum installed earlier that year.

His words still remain with me: "I thought it was no wash".

I had to explain the difference between NO WASH and NO WAX.
    ok

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    My 1st wife and I divorced many years ago, she remarried the very next day, but neglected to mention it to me and continued to collect alimony for several years after this. When I found out, I was hopping mad and told her to F*** off and die. She was gracious enough to do this a few years later with a drug overdose. Pretty funny Eh? Emujo
    Sounds like a problem that resolved itself. Karma came 'round her way with a fully loaded freighter...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?