Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Politics: Post it here opinions,comments, jokes, anything political

Re: Politics: Post it here opinions,comments, jokes, anything political

I have the perspective of an outsider looking in, and from what I've gathered through my various readings I can't understand why there's such a strong movement to impeach Obama; Obamacare is working as intended and as far as I can tell, the inactivity of the GOP is what's causing a lot of the problems people are complaining about. Picking up on Politifact cites that Obama has made fewer executive actions than nearly every other president in the history of the nation, but as far as I can tell it's still one of the main reasons the conservative party wants him removed from office?

Sauce: Texas Democrat: Obama 'offered fewer executive actions than almost any other president' | PolitiFact

I'd love to hear from both sides some more personal views to better have the facts collected as the people see them. Anyone willing to share for someone not of the nation having a curious inquiry?

I ask because I have a few friends in the states who identify as conservative; when I attempted to ask them all I received were crude inaccurate jokes and a complete dodging of the questions. I saw one of them had posted that papers were formally drafted to impeach Obama (which from what I'm reading, isn't very likely to happen at all, coupled with a seemingly ludicrous lawsuit against him) so I'm currently scouring the interwebs to verify if this is a fact or just political rallying.

Additional sauce (though I'm not sure how many people accept facts as presented in the Washington Post, as I'm not a regular reader):
    Brookings: One political party is actively working to make government fail (guess which one!) - The Washington Post
    Last edited by Akitu; 07-14-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post

I don't think she even qualified for that.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

[QUOTE=Akitu;426857]I have the perspective of an outsider looking in, and from what I've gathered through my various readings I can't understand why there's such a strong movement to impeach Obama; Obamacare is working as intended and as far as I can tell.

Except for me, but that's probably just my problem.
    Impeach Obama? That probably is a stupid concept right now. Still, he is about as big a knucklehead now as he was when he was safely confined to the Illinois based political scene which I got to experience in real time back in the day when I lived there.
    If you have the time, don't take may word for that, look it up on your own. It's actually pretty interesting.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

[QUOTE=Iowatech;427572]
    Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    I have the perspective of an outsider looking in, and from what I've gathered through my various readings I can't understand why there's such a strong movement to impeach Obama; Obamacare is working as intended and as far as I can tell.

Except for me, but that's probably just my problem.
    Impeach Obama? That probably is a stupid concept right now. Still, he is about as big a knucklehead now as he was when he was safely confined to the Illinois based political scene which I got to experience in real time back in the day when I lived there.
    If you have the time, don't take may word for that, look it up on your own. It's actually pretty interesting.
    How so, if I may ask? No personal details, just the gist of it. Are you not eligible and employer refuses to cover you now - type of thing? Thanks for being the only one to answer my post.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Republican, democrat, liberal, conservative. The only difference between them is the name of their party. When in power, they take your money and piss it away as if it was their own. When not in power they complain about how the party in power is pissing away all the money as if it was their own.
    Well, for outsiders like us, there's big difference between these parties, especially in their foreign policies.
    Republicans: leadership mostly drawn from army veterans or battle hardened former army generals; whenever they come to power, people say, 'the cowboyz' are back in the white house, those rogue nations beware! They are quick and tough decision makers who go for their targets without fear of the consequences; the wicked are always afraid of them. Their term in power usually see more American boots on the ground round the world. Their copycats are the conservatives in Britain and the LIKUD party in Israel. In short they are composed of no nonsense men and women, and for this we admire them.

On the other hand, we consider the democrats dovish peace lovers, very cautious in their foreign policies especially regarding boots on foreign soils. Their leadership is mostly composed of leaders with no military background. The wicked and rogue nations prefer them in the white house...they consider them 'weak' and easier to deal with. Their counterparts in Britain is the Labor party, and the labor party in Israel.
    When it comes to the Palestinian-Israeli peace negotiations, the Israeli government tends to listen more to their 'cowboyz' counterparts, than democrats in the white house.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

In my early days as a technician I'd spend a lot of time in my car driving around the Philadelphia area, fighting traffic and listening to a radio talk show by a guy named Irv Homer. Every Friday he would close his show with a simple statement regarding the state of political affairs. It has stuck with me ever since. """Have You Looked At Your Paycheck Lately??!!!"""

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Blame the politicians all you like, but ultimately it is the voters who are to blame. We seem to be quite willing to surrender our personal responsibilities to any govt agency that "knows what's best for us", and they, of course are only too happy to accumulate, one bit at a time, a little more control of our lives. There is a Republican ("conservative" for those who may not know the alleged difference) radio campaign ad running here, where the male character asked the female character "who are you voting for?", her reply is "for whomever is going to help me". This from the "CONSERVATIVE" candidate's ad....... Call me Libertarian, I'm for whomever is going to leave me the hell alone the most. And I don't owe anyone ANYTHING that hasn't tried in good faith to help themselves first.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Well, for outsiders like us, there's big difference between these parties, especially in their foreign policies.
    Republicans: leadership mostly drawn from army veterans or battle hardened former army generals; whenever they come to power, people say, 'the cowboyz' are back in the white house, those rogue nations beware! They are quick and tough decision makers who go for their targets without fear of the consequences; the wicked are always afraid of them. Their term in power usually see more American boots on the ground round the world. Their copycats are the conservatives in Britain and the LIKUD party in Israel. In short they are composed of no nonsense men and women, and for this we admire them.

On the other hand, we consider the democrats dovish peace lovers, very cautious in their foreign policies especially regarding boots on foreign soils. Their leadership is mostly composed of leaders with no military background. The wicked and rogue nations prefer them in the white house...they consider them 'weak' and easier to deal with. Their counterparts in Britain is the Labor party, and the labor party in Israel.
    When it comes to the Palestinian-Israeli peace negotiations, the Israeli government tends to listen more to their 'cowboyz' counterparts, than democrats in the white house.
    I think your pretty much dead on!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    I have the perspective of an outsider looking in, and from what I've gathered through my various readings I can't understand why there's such a strong movement to impeach Obama; Obamacare is working as intended and as far as I can tell, the inactivity of the GOP is what's causing a lot of the problems people are complaining about. Picking up on Politifact cites that Obama has made fewer executive actions than nearly every other president in the history of the nation, but as far as I can tell it's still one of the main reasons the conservative party wants him removed from office?

Sauce: Texas Democrat: Obama 'offered fewer executive actions than almost any other president' | PolitiFact

I'd love to hear from both sides some more personal views to better have the facts collected as the people see them. Anyone willing to share for someone not of the nation having a curious inquiry?

I ask because I have a few friends in the states who identify as conservative; when I attempted to ask them all I received were crude inaccurate jokes and a complete dodging of the questions. I saw one of them had posted that papers were formally drafted to impeach Obama (which from what I'm reading, isn't very likely to happen at all, coupled with a seemingly ludicrous lawsuit against him) so I'm currently scouring the interwebs to verify if this is a fact or just political rallying.

Additional sauce (though I'm not sure how many people accept facts as presented in the Washington Post, as I'm not a regular reader):
    Brookings: One political party is actively working to make government fail (guess which one!) - The Washington Post
    and they are comparing obama at 6 years in to other president that served as much as 8 years, lets wait to see obama's tally if his term actually ends at 8 years................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations