Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Waste toner and toner related health issues. Toxicity etc

Re: Waste toner and toner related health issues. Toxicity etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    I dare any of you to do a line of toner (color de jour) and then do a flaming shot of your favorite liquor, immediately after.............
    Is that like the army soldier shot where you snort a rail of salt, take a shot and squeeze a lemon/lime in your eye? We'll call this one the tonermonkey. Snort a rail of each colour toner, take a shot of fireball and finish it off with a rail of waste toner.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

this reminds me of working at the steel plant. Picture someone pouring a waste toner bottle over your head, then working 12 hours. That was an average day as a tool setter. Some days i would look like a coal miner. The only white you could see was when I removed my safety glasses. That was all liquid and powered graphite. Big label on the barrels, "KEEP AWAY FROM SKIN". After a shower, you would still sweat it out of your pours. I am not the least bit worried about toner. And my cheap shop makes me empty them.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    this reminds me of working at the steel plant. Picture someone pouring a waste toner bottle over your head, then working 12 hours. That was an average day as a tool setter. Some days i would look like a coal miner. The only white you could see was when I removed my safety glasses. That was all liquid and powered graphite. Big label on the barrels, "KEEP AWAY FROM SKIN". After a shower, you would still sweat it out of your pours. I am not the least bit worried about toner. And my cheap shop makes me empty them.

Thanks Mate, for your honesty! Seems like we are in the same boat.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: Waste toner and toner related health issues. Toxicity etc

Quite a nice line of replies

Thanks..for replies

and thank Emujo for the hint I wasn't kidding you I know that is toxic as few researches proved the toxicity on rats. It may not change your DNA but it is still harmfull.

Mainly I just wanted opinion on emptying waste boxes.

I have a technique where certain boxes are emptied without any fumes of toner coming out of a bag..just lately the waste boxes on konica colours are a very tough cookie.

Gonna get some decent dust mask and yellow/black tape with hazard on it and see until when I will be emptying them till we get new waste box as a replacement. Had few weeks when box was emptied almost every day and my skin couldn't handle it. Don't ask for pics as they not nice.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    Quite a nice line of replies

Thanks..for replies

and thank Emujo for the hint I wasn't kidding you I know that is toxic as few researches proved the toxicity on rats. It may not change your DNA but it is still harmfull.

Mainly I just wanted opinion on emptying waste boxes.

I have a technique where certain boxes are emptied without any fumes of toner coming out of a bag..just lately the waste boxes on konica colours are a very tough cookie.

Gonna get some decent dust mask and yellow/black tape with hazard on it and see until when I will be emptying them till we get new waste box as a replacement. Had few weeks when box was emptied almost every day and my skin couldn't handle it. Don't ask for pics as they not nice.
    All manufacturers are required to provide Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). These tell what the exact hazards are and what to do if exposed.

I'm happy Sharp waste toners are easy to empty with little waste. Remove plastic plug, enclose waste bottle into empty garbage bag, shake it like Miley Cyrus and remove, then clean up the mess all over the bottle. All in all a pretty painless process, unless someone disregards those directions and just proceeds to shake it over a garbage can...

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post

..just lately the waste boxes on konica colours are a very tough cookie.
    I think it's a way to get dealers and end users to buy more boxes. I don't really empty many more bottles/boxes much any more, because if you don't empty it out real good, there leaves chance of the machine not seeing it as empty and false full messages appear.

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post
    I think it's a way to get dealers and end users to buy more boxes. I don't really empty many more bottles/boxes much any more, because if you don't empty it out real good, there leaves chance of the machine not seeing it as empty and false full messages appear.
    Had that problem on Canons and some Ricohs. Sharp spoils techs in that sense I suppose.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    I'm happy Sharp waste toners are easy to empty with little waste. Remove plastic plug, enclose waste bottle into empty garbage bag, shake it like Miley Cyrus and remove, then clean up the mess all over the bottle. All in all a pretty painless process, unless someone disregards those directions and just proceeds to shake it over a garbage can...
    twerking with toner????????????????............
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Made in China? Yikes!!!!! It could contains many kinds of toxic waste. From cadmium to melamine to mercury. Who really knows what they put in products they manufacture there?
    Geez if everything made in China is toxic you don't want to be riding around in a GM vehicle : ) lol