Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Re: Waste toner and toner related health issues. Toxicity etc

it would probably make a geat pepper substitute / gravy thickener /stool conditioner during hard times or to impress friends

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

A lot of soft/heavy minerals an dangerous chemical are quite safe in low doses or short exposer.

To all the hypercondriacs out there , Example:
    Water can kill you givin a prolonged large dose,as it removes electrolytes from your system.

Selenium kills parasites in the gut, under your skin and can help with some skin cancers. Selenium is found in many natural plants. It has wide spread use in the grazing industry,which is your Macc's burger you eat.
    Selenium makes your hair very soft and is used in shampoo and conditioners. Inversersly to much selenium can give you heart pulpertations.

In low dose arsenic a natural occuring element can remove some stomach parasites . To much is not good an is said to cause cancer. If your a smoker you are inhaling a small percentage of arsenic which comes with an obvious health risk.

It's not the element or the chemical it's the dose or continued exposer that becons the problem.

I do appreciate the concerns of those on this thread though.... Every one has a god-given-right to be concerned about any substance in use today, more in particular how it is being used or abused on the population.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Waste toner and toner related health issues. Toxicity etc

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    If your a smoker you are inhaling a small percentage of arsenic which comes with an obvious health risk.
    I would sooner snort toner rails than smoke a cigarette. At least I know which of those two is a guaranteed fatality.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    I would sooner snort toner rails than smoke a cigarette. At least I know which of those two is a guaranteed fatality.
    I'm with you on that one
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

How about breathing in ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerkiller View Post
    How about breathing in ozone
    In high enough quantity, ozone (O3) is actually deadly to humans. A copier does not output anything even remotely close enough to a quantity harmful to anything. Matter of fact, some plants might even benefit from being near one!

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

I remember this time when I was replacing color developer units on bizhub c280, had the customer standing by the door talking to me as I was pulling the tape off the top of the little rubber tube(usually is packed full of developer)... Developer spilled all over my chest(not too bad)!

The look the customer gave me as he said "Oh man you got toner all over you!" I didn't even flinch and kept working, I said I've had worse before.. I kept a yellow strech N dust rag next to me and wiped it off(having a polyester shirt helped too)..

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Was working on a plotter that had set for a long time and seals on the ink tubes were shot and it was leaking bad. Returned to the shop with all colors of ink on my hands and arms. When one of the girls ask what happened, I replied, "This is what happens when a clown cums. By the way, I got us free tickets to the circus"
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Was working on a plotter that had set for a long time and seals on the ink tubes were shot and it was leaking bad. Returned to the shop with all colors of ink on my hands and arms. When one of the girls ask what happened, I replied, "This is what happens when a clown cums. By the way, I got us free tickets to the circus"
    "and I'd rather not discuss my personal life with you, thank you." Thus his lifelong coulrophilia fetish carried on strong.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I'll have to try this the next time I replace failed ink hoses on a Riso, that's pretty good.