Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    worst paper ever.

Re: worst paper ever.

I came across some 100% recycled, non bleached, not made from wood, hand made by one legged lesbians and all profits went to land rights for gay whales supposed bond paper. I think it was actually made from sugar cane trash and after the customer had put half a ream through the copier I had to strip the cleaning station out and removed at least a matchbox full of fluff.
    Now I'm a bit of a greenie at heart but that stuff was appalling, its nice to help save the planet but sometimes you create more problems then you solve.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    worst paper ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Now I'm a bit of a greenie at heart but that stuff was appalling, its nice to help save the planet but sometimes you create more problems then you solve.
    Which keeps us employed.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    worst paper ever.

I came across some 100% recycled, non bleached, not made from wood, hand made by one legged lesbians and all profits went to land rights for gay whales supposed bond paper. I think it was actually made from sugar cane trash and after the customer had put half a ream through the copier I had to strip the cleaning station out and removed at least a matchbox full of fluff.
    I have a school print shop with a Pro 1357Ex and a Pro 1107EX. He orders 20# 8 1/2 X 11 paper by the truck load and get a very good price. According to him the paper is actually from a paper mill somewhere in Australia. Very good paper. The 1357 has around 10 million on it. I have only had to clean the paper lint trap on the registration roller once.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    worst paper ever.

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Seems like today's machines are a lot more forgiving than they used to be. I remember having paper calls just about every time it rained. Come to think of it though, I was working on a lot more wide format machines then.

I did have one customer who cut their own paper. We had told them over and over again that it wasn't going to work for them. Jams kept coming up because the paper wasn't exactly letter or legal.
    I had a call on a PRESS C6000L for inconsistent/moving tri-folds. The real issue was the fact that the paper length varied from 10 3/4" to 12", and yes they cut it themselves. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

worst paper ever.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    ...... According to him the paper is actually from a paper mill somewhere in Australia.........
    The locally made paper that manufactured from plantation grown eucalyptus trees is very high grade stuff, also very expensive. Please make sure that it is plantation grown or you could be responsible for a koala losing his home.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    worst paper ever.

Please make sure that it is plantation grown or you could be responsible for a koala losing his home.
    And it's next meal!
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I had a call on a PRESS C6000L for inconsistent/moving tri-folds. The real issue was the fact that the paper length varied from 10 3/4" to 12", and yes they cut it themselves. =^..^=
    Spent a good hour or more on a Di251 that they said was jamming "once in a while", til I noticed the paper felt different. They confessed to cutting it themselves from leftover stock they print Psop fliers on.

We also have a lawyer who saves every sheet, and runs it back through the machine to use the backside. "NO JAM ISSUES THERE!"
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Especially when you have to burn liquefied dinosaur remains to visit the machine every time it breaks down.

worst paper ever.

I have talked many customers out of using a fairly popular name brand paper. I'll avoid a slander accusation here and not mention any names. The moisture content is so high and the curl so bad that at certain times of the year it won't even run. Even had a few bad cases in the dead of winter. Personally I think 20lb paper is garbage these days. Any customer I have that runs a heavier paper has no problems.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    worst paper ever.

We sell paper in pretty high quantities, vendors have changed several times over the years. Can't say I've ever had paper issues like you guys have! Get the odd case where someone has opened the ream and left it sitting out for weeks on end before loading it into the copier, but that's about the extent of it. Although with the last vendor we were actually getting 498 sheets per ream, effectively shorting us out a full ream of paper per ton.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?