Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MH17

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

MH17

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MH17

Re: MH17

Eric,
    I was wondering, did you anyone you know have family of friends on the flight?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Two owners of an Asian restaurant here in Rotterdam died in the crash. I don't know anybody who died personally, but I've heard a lot of disturbing stories from many people the last days. Tonight the first 40 victims were transported to a militairy base here for identification. 40 hearses were transporting the victims. This will go on until the last victim is brought back. Brought tears to my eyes...

Dag van Nationale Rouw - NOS Nieuws
    Last edited by Eric1968; 07-23-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I was just watching footage on the news, the 40 hearses traveling in convoy is very sad, we live in a very cruel world
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MH17

Hmm, its very disquieting and makes you think about your own mortality as we fly out to Europe tonight. I flew that route over the Ukraine this time last year with Malaysian Air and they were an excellent airline to fly with. This time its with Air France and I'm told that they stopped using that route months ago but......

We're hosting the G20 summit in Brisbane later on in the year and unless some positive actions are forthcoming from the Russians to bring peace to the Ukraine they must withdraw Putin's invitation. I don't usually agree with street demonstrations but since this is such a senseless and barbaric tragedy I'll be in the vanguard if Putin dares to show his face.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MH17

Only 40 hearses so far and there were nearly 300 on the flight. From what I understand of what I hear on the news, the bodies have not even been positively identified. It is going to be quite a while before all the families and friends are going to me able to say a final goodbye to their loved ones. Very saddening. My prayers go to the families and friends.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    MH17

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Hmm, its very disquieting and makes you think about your own mortality as we fly out to Europe tonight. I flew that route over the Ukraine this time last year with Malaysian Air and they were an excellent airline to fly with. This time its with Air France and I'm told that they stopped using that route months ago but......

We're hosting the G20 summit in Brisbane later on in the year and unless some positive actions are forthcoming from the Russians to bring peace to the Ukraine they must withdraw Putin's invitation. I don't usually agree with street demonstrations but since this is such a senseless and barbaric tragedy I'll be in the vanguard if Putin dares to show his face.
    The Consortium wishes you and yours safe travels to your destinations and back to home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    For what it is worth, I'd like to offer my sincere condolences for what happened, and wish godspeed to the people who lost their lives then.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    For what it is worth, I'd like to offer my sincere condolences for what happened, and wish godspeed to the people who lost their lives then.
    I am word for word with you all

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

A sad day indeed...
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley