Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts DavePo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Cordless bit driver

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Is that the charge or the Cordless Driver?
    The charge. I've had the driver for two years now. Only problem is with the trigger, had it come apart and have to modify it to stay together.


  2. #12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts PeterG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Cordless bit driver

    Quote Originally Posted by DavePo View Post
    Several of our techs are using a 4volt Ryobi Cordless Driver. On has a small invertor plugged into his cigarette lighter and plugs the charger into that. They work great have variable torque settings and last for days.
    Yeah, I use a Ryobi. Seems to tick all the boxes at a modest cost. I go for weeks without having to charge. Then just stick it on the charger overnight.


  3. #13
    Service Manager Mr.Claire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lloydminster, Alberta
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Cordless bit driver

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Yeah, I use a Ryobi. Seems to tick all the boxes at a modest cost. I go for weeks without having to charge. Then just stick it on the charger overnight.

    Do you know the model number, or have a picture? Like this?

    ryobi.jpg


  4. #14
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts DavePo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Cordless bit driver

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Claire View Post
    Do you know the model number, or have a picture? Like this?

    ryobi.jpg
    That's the one.


  5. #15
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts
    Cordless bit driver

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    1,916
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Cordless bit driver

    Ok, I've been using this driver for about six months now, and I'm sold on it. Low and Hi speed, forward and reverse, ratcheting grip. The charge lasts for more than a week at my usage level. There have been no malfunctions with it at all. Somewhere along the line I developed a little arthritis (due to so many years of screwdivin' and wrenchin'). Since I started using this, my hands rarely hurt anymore. Great purchase. The key to not stripping 4.5mm screwheads is to use a quality magnetic socket bit.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  6. #16
    Copier Combobulator 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    344
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Cordless bit driver

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Ok, I've been using this driver for about six months now, and I'm sold on it. Low and Hi speed, forward and reverse, ratcheting grip. The charge lasts for more than a week at my usage level. There have been no malfunctions with it at all. Somewhere along the line I developed a little arthritis (due to so many years of screwdivin' and wrenchin'). Since I started using this, my hands rarely hurt anymore. Great purchase. The key to not stripping 4.5mm screwheads is to use a quality magnetic socket bit.
    How cold is it where you are? I don't leave my tools in the car over night, or for long stretches in the day, but winters here are often sub zero Fahrenheit for long periods of time.


  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    monterrey
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Cordless bit driver

    IMG_1909.JPG
    https://m.acehardware.com/product/in...ductId=2938261

    3 straight years, only 2 striped screwheads. With dewalt bits. Very recomended.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here