Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Broken heart and pockets

Re: Broken heart and pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Good to hear from you Faxman, sounds like your over the hump and now on the down hill run. And remember, when it all gets too much for you find an old copier and belt the bejazuz out of it with a bloody big hammer. It does wonders for stress relief!
    We've got a couple of parts machines that are pretty much stripped. I might try this sometime.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    We've got a couple of parts machines that are pretty much stripped. I might try this sometime.

Recycling or stress relief to the extreme....

Slip down to the local hardware and find a good length of 12mm round metal reo-bar.
    Bend the reo-bar into a horse shoe shape with the ends of bars at right angles to the U-bend.
    Grab a large hammer and smash the copy glass, don't worry about cleaning up the broken glass.
    Hold the above Reo-bar U bend in the middle of the scanner frame. The more holes in the scanner the better.
    Back a fully loaded cement truck up to the copier and fill it to the top of the copy glass with wet cement.
    Wait till the cement is completely dry. Tie a length of chain and large bouy to the U-bend in the cement.
    Take the completed " boat anchor" out into the harbour and throw into the water.
    Tie your boat to the floating bouy...

I've actually said the above near word-for-word statement to a few customers over the years, particularly when they ask me what should they do with their P.O.S machine...

True story... (I sh!t you not)
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Broken heart and pockets

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Recycling or stress relief to the extreme....

Slip down to the local hardware and find a good length of 12mm round metal reo-bar.
    Bend the reo-bar into a horse shoe shape with the ends of bars at right angles to the U-bend.
    Grab a large hammer and smash the copy glass, don't worry about cleaning up the broken glass.
    Hold the above Reo-bar U bend in the middle of the scanner frame. The more holes in the scanner the better.
    Back a fully loaded cement truck up to the copier and fill it to the top of the copy glass with wet cement.
    Wait till the cement is completely dry. Tie a length of chain and large bouy to the U-bend in the cement.
    Take the completed " boat anchor" out into the harbour and throw into the water.
    Tie your boat to the floating bouy...

I've actually said the above near word-for-word statement to a few customers over the years, particularly when they ask me what should they do with their P.O.S machine...

True story... (I sh!t you not)
    I totally believe you've done this - what, no YouTube?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Broken heart and pockets

Been a while and thought I would give an update.

Still can't walk for anything over 30 yards without stopping to stop the pain and catch my breath.
    I failed a heart stress test. My heart is not getting any better and still a prisoner at my Mom's home. Doctor wants me doing nothing until pacemaker installed.

State, Social Security and my appeal lawyer playing mind games with me and can't give me a straight answer.
    Everyone of them I talk to is like a bad Abbot and Costello movie.

You need proof of SSI appeal. SSI hasn't been denied, why do I need proof of appeal?
    Well we need proof.
    OF what?
    Your proof of appeal.
    What appeal, I haven't been denied, it is still in process. (had all paperwork in paper and electronic format saved in 4 different locations).

5 trips to the state until I got a supervisor. He did a great job. I now get some money from the state.
    Now to SSI:
    Got a letter that I am getting backpay for when all this shit started, but cut off after a doctor reported that I was better and refused another surgery at this time. ( I had 9 different surgeries in the last 1 1/2 years.) The opium based painkillers are in such controversy that I get 20 after any surgery and no refills.
    SSI said I can get the back pay, but no further monthly SSI. Talked to a rep @ SSI and told her Give me the backpay and that I am appealing the Monthly SSI.
    Got a letter stating that yes I am disabled, but not getting any monthly SSI because I "TOLD HER" I didn't need it.
    This information is being forwarded to the state so, I lose all medical, food stamps and monthly payments.

I have to live with my 80 YO mom who is losing it mentally and physically. She is just sitting around waiting for her time. I had to help my Father who I didn't ever get along with and watch him die. Watching the same thing happen to her is very heartbreaking.
    No help from siblings or local family.

And everyone wonders why my heart is giving out.

I am so dying to get back to work, I can taste it. I hate having to take free money from feds and State, but at this point I have no choice.
    I have supported myself since I was 16 YO. I am now 54 and still want to pull my own weight.
    I didn't ask my body to let me down, but I had no choice in the matter.
    Why do they make it so hard to get a hand up while I recover? They think I want a hand out.
    With a serious heart problem, why do they cause so much stress?

Thanks to reading my rant and thanks again for all your support.

If I don't make it, I have already asked another fellow copytechnet user to let you all know.

I will say high to Paul "Manuals for you" if I run into him.
    Trying to keep positive, but keep getting sh!t slapping me in the face.
    Trying to follow the adage "Never give up, never surrender", but comes the question if the battle is worth the war.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Broken heart and pockets

Sorry it's been so rough for you. When it rains, it pours. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Broken heart and pockets

Hang in there Bruce; I wish I had something profound to say ATT, but, I don't - please keep positive thoughts.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --