Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Vacation ... sort of

Re: Vacation ... sort of

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Now remember to put all the whites and the reds in together, use some extra bleach to get the whites clean and hot water temp. When done put all the pinks in the dryer on high heat for 1 hour, remove and fold all the little pink clothes...............
    Now remember to put all the whites and the reds in together, use some extra bleach to get the whites clean and hot water temp. When done put all the pinks in the dryer on high heat for 1 hour, remove and fold all the little pink clothes...............
    Fixed it for you.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Vacation ... sort of

I don't need that kind of help, thanks.

Mrs. Blackcat + cats.JPG

Do you think the cats missed her? Yes all four found places to sit. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Vacation ... sort of

Mrs. blackcat is doing fine thanks. I've managed not to poison her so far. The laundry is done. I even did something off the honey-do list (de-greased the stove). It took all day. That's what you've got to look forward to Neo.

Mrs. blackcat is comfortable enough with her ambulatory skills that I can head back to work Monday/tomorrow. She seems to have the pain under control.

I tried to sleep downstairs on the army cot the first night. The idea was for me to be close nearby, in case my patient needed anything. The cot was uncomfortable, and it was a miserable failure. I got a total of 1/2 hour sleep and a kink in my back. At 4:30 I finally went upstairs and got 4 hours of decent sleep. I took all day to work out that kink.

Oh, and does she have Olympic class bruises! Between the surgery and blood thinners, the surgery leg is bright yellow, ankle to thigh with beautiful purple and green highlights. I still haven't seen the scar yet. It's got a self-adhesive bandage that's very securely attached. Doc says the bandage will fall off eventually, by itself.

I'm learning how to become a better server. This might surprise you but I am not, by nature, a patient person. I seem to be learning patience though.

The insurance company has sent out a RN. As far as I can tell, her only purpose is to nose her way into every crevice of our lives. One more visit like the last, and I'm sending her packing. =^..^=

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Vacation ... sort of

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    The insurance company has sent out a RN. As far as I can tell, her only purpose is to nose her way into every crevice of our lives. One more visit like the last, and I'm sending her packing. =^..^=
    Sometimes the RN sent out to evaluate the home situation and plan the physical therapy sessions are a major pain. Usually the therapist is much less intrusive.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Vacation ... sort of

Why has the Royal Navy turned up for a look at Mrs BC?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Vacation ... sort of

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Why has the Royal Navy turned up for a look at Mrs BC?
    State side RN = Registered Nurse

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Mrs. blackcat is doing fine thanks. I've managed not to poison her so far. The laundry is done. I even did something off the honey-do list (de-greased the stove). It took all day. That's what you've got to look forward to Neo.

Mrs. blackcat is comfortable enough with her ambulatory skills that I can head back to work Monday/tomorrow. She seems to have the pain under control.

I tried to sleep downstairs on the army cot the first night. The idea was for me to be close nearby, in case my patient needed anything. The cot was uncomfortable, and it was a miserable failure. I got a total of 1/2 hour sleep and a kink in my back. At 4:30 I finally went upstairs and got 4 hours of decent sleep. I took all day to work out that kink.

Oh, and does she have Olympic class bruises! Between the surgery and blood thinners, the surgery leg is bright yellow, ankle to thigh with beautiful purple and green highlights. I still haven't seen the scar yet. It's got a self-adhesive bandage that's very securely attached. Doc says the bandage will fall off eventually, by itself.

I'm learning how to become a better server. This might surprise you but I am not, by nature, a patient person. I seem to be learning patience though.

As someone who may have spent a few nights on an Army cot, here are some suggestions you may wish to consider that might make it less uncomfortable next time you have to use the thing.
    If your cot has a crappy mattress on top of a wire mesh suspended by springs from a steel frame, see if you can find some thick cardboard to cover the entire wire mesh under the mattress, that will simulate box springs to some degree and actually makes quite a difference. Plywood works even better, but can be harder to come by at night when the cot is unexpectedly needed. Cardboard is easier to dispose of in a hurry, too.
    If your cot has a piece of fabric attached to an aluminum frame, make sure to put both end pieces on the cot. Its kind of tough, but if you don't put both end pieces on the fabric will ride up and you'll be lying on the stupid middle legs, which makes it even more uncomfortable.
    Also, lay on your side if at all possible. If you lay on your back on that type of cot, it's natural curvature will position your body in unnatural and weird positions, which at least caused me to probably suffer similar discomfort as you a couple of times.
    A reasonable facsimile of a pillow of the correct size that will keep your head at least mostly aligned with the rest of your body is really important.
    Finally, if you have a durable blanket (one that you and Mrs. blackcat don't mind throwing in the washing machine when it needs it) which is more than twice as wide as the cot, first cover the cot with around half of the blanket, then lie down on the cot, and then cover yourself with the rest of the blanket. That might not make the cot much more comfortable, but at least you'll be warm. And it is pretty easy to get out of that arrangement rapidly if you have to.

Vacation ... sort of

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    As someone who may have spent a few nights on an Army cot, here are some suggestions you may wish to consider that might make it less uncomfortable next time you have to use the thing.
    If your cot has a crappy mattress on top of a wire mesh suspended by springs from a steel frame, see if you can find some thick cardboard to cover the entire wire mesh under the mattress, that will simulate box springs to some degree and actually makes quite a difference. Plywood works even better, but can be harder to come by at night when the cot is unexpectedly needed. Cardboard is easier to dispose of in a hurry, too.
    If your cot has a piece of fabric attached to an aluminum frame, make sure to put both end pieces on the cot. Its kind of tough, but if you don't put both end pieces on the fabric will ride up and you'll be lying on the stupid middle legs, which makes it even more uncomfortable.
    Also, lay on your side if at all possible. If you lay on your back on that type of cot, it's natural curvature will position your body in unnatural and weird positions, which at least caused me to probably suffer similar discomfort as you a couple of times.
    A reasonable facsimile of a pillow of the correct size that will keep your head at least mostly aligned with the rest of your body is really important.
    Finally, if you have a durable blanket (one that you and Mrs. blackcat don't mind throwing in the washing machine when it needs it) which is more than twice as wide as the cot, first cover the cot with around half of the blanket, then lie down on the cot, and then cover yourself with the rest of the blanket. That might not make the cot much more comfortable, but at least you'll be warm. And it is pretty easy to get out of that arrangement rapidly if you have to.
    Mine is the green canvas and aluminum tubular frame. and yes it's not quite wide enough to lay on your back without all your limbs hanging off. The few times I did fall asleep I had a cold piece of aluminum across my cheek. The heavy blanket would probably help. I did OK in the summer. Maybe it's the temperature that makes the difference. We're getting 50 degree nights. =^..^=

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I don't need that kind of help, thanks.

Mrs. Blackcat + cats.JPG

Do you think the cats missed her? Yes all four found places to sit. =^..^=

Only 4? You sure are slacking off BC. I will serve breakfast to 8 of those little muchers, down from a high of 15.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Vacation ... sort of

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Only 4? You sure are slacking off BC. I will serve breakfast to 8 of those little muchers, down from a high of 15.
    We had 8 at one time. As far as I can tell there are only a few guidelines:
    1) Only one male. Two males is too many.
    2) Make sure the newbies are healthy kittens. No adults, no runts, no sick animals.

Our new crew has much less in the way of personality, behavior, and health problems now.