Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    We drive Pontiac vibes as the regular tech car (company owned) here. We also have an astro van for machine installs as well. The Vibes get pretty good gas mileage but nothing that exciting, maybe 25 when packed full of parts.

At home we are thinking of trading in the F150 for something smaller, not sure what, maybe an Escape.

Chromographic Supremesist 100+ Posts nightshade's Avatar
    Keeping the Durango for pulling my boat and car trailer.

Just purchased a pair of Yamaha Vino 125's for the wife and I to screw around on and for her to ride to work. 2008 Yamaha Vino 125 Home, information, info

Restoration is almost complete on a 1962 ChevyII 4door, 4cylinder, 3 speed manual, to use for everything else so that the truck will only be used to pull the trailered equipment.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Talking

My shops first "new" service cars were those little Geo Metro cars about 8 years ago. They really could not take a hit, and I was the first to total one out { not my fault }. Then he switched to Toyota Tacomas which are great. I've had mine for 5 years and love it. I use between $90 and $100 in gas each week but can't downsize because I have to carry toner for about 10 different konica models. The trucks work great when you have to jump curbs to park or drive down tank trails through the woods. The Toyota can hold up under impact better. I rearended a Mercedes SUV { my fault but the crazy lady fled the scene, WHAT LUCK }, it wiped out the rear of the Mercedes and just bent my bumper. Most of my calls are within a 10 mile area so I only have 90k after 5 years.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts The Otrain's Avatar
    Ohh, that's what happened huh? I was wondering what happened to the bumper. How long do you think he's holding on to the Toyota trucks? I have no problem with mine either.... The only thing is that I don't know how much longer I'll be driving it.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Cool

He has been talking about adding another truck, we need one now, and I have a good chance of getting the new one, however if you leave, that might throw a wrench in the works. Oh well, new or old, it's still free for me.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar

Thinking about a second car for work.

I drive a GMC Jimmy 4x4 as my only car at the moment. It is great for our winters, rough roads and light towing. But, 16mpg is not to my liking. So......

I've been looking for something to drive for work mostly and local errands. I put more miles on for work than I do for personal use. So it would seem to make sense for me to get something that would maximize the measly 40 cents a mile we get.

I've been seriously considering the GEM eL or eL XD. Its max speed is only 25 mph. But, then again, unless I get on any of the highway bypasses, our max speed limit around here is only 30 mph. Cannot remember the last time I drove more than 30 miles during the day for work. That still leaves me enough charge to get home.

$15,875.00 fully decked out and never a gasoline bill.

Sure, I'll have to buy batteries every three years and pay for the electricity. Still working out the economics.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts The Otrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Lewis View Post
    I've been seriously considering the GEM eL or eL XD. Its max speed is only 25 mph. But, then again, unless I get on any of the highway bypasses, our max speed limit around here is only 30 mph.

$15,875.00 fully decked out and never a gasoline bill.
    Wow. That seems like a lot of money for a fancy golf cart. Wouldn't work for us, we'd have to charge that thing every 2 - 3 hours!