Thread: NATO Meeting!

NATO Meeting!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    NATO Meeting!

Re: NATO Meeting!

I'm dreading later on this year when we have the G20 meeting in Brisbane. They are going to lock down the center of the city and give every one the day off but it will still stuff everything up for the week before and after. Then you have to put up with the unemployable one legged lesbians screaming about land rights for gay whales. As if Obama et al give a monkeys about them but we have to put up with the inconvenience and repair the damage after. Oh well it will give the Queensland police a chance to slip back to their bad old ways and get to baton charge civilians.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    NATO Meeting!

I feel your pain, when the President and family come to Martha's Vineyard for vacation, it screws up the whole Cape...... Even his dwindling number of supporters get tired of it.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re : NATO ,G20

It always amazes me how one set of brain signals/patterns running around in the cranium of one person,believes they have the right to own/lord over all the other brain signals in the people around them.

It's just a set of electro-chemical synapse signals in the spacial cortext.A self generated artificial lord triggers a brain pattern that has them believe they can walk on water and float on air.This gives them the self elevated right to lord over all the other brain patterns in every other brain cortext around them.

I'm afraid unless the self generated artifical lords can walk on water and flex their devine light angel wings in my presents,those artifical lords will forever be at the same limited brain signal/pattern as all those around me.

Unfortunately the artificial lords like everyone else ,are born alone into this world, their bowel motion smells the same as everyone else, dust and fly's lands on them too. They trigger a few lord-over brain signal/patterns in their cranium over the years, an then they die alone like everyone else.Their physical body in turn then rots back into the soil like everyone else.

Every man and women on this earth was an is created equal, tough titty to those those who "believe" otherwise.

I see absolutely no universal purpose upon constantly applying my brain signals to believe I'm elevated above those around me.

That's my pet peive/rant for this topic...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    NATO Meeting!

Here's a shot of our last NATO event.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    NATO Meeting!

What really baffles me is why, with the technology we have now, these guys have to spend millions, or billions of dollars of tax payers money on travel and security when they could meet via satellite? It is just ridiculous.

People rely too heavily on the convenience of emails, text messages, and social media. While you cannot deny the importance of all of these platforms and how they have revolutionized the business of communications, you must not negate the importance of face-to-face communication.

The problem that lies with digital forms of communication is that it is highly impersonal. Moreover, trying to make your digital communications seem more friendly or personalized runs the risk of being misinterpreted or viewed as unprofessional.
    Miscommunication is one of the biggest causes of inefficiency and work-place conflicts. Many of these issues can be attributed to digital communications and the way they can be interpreted.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigwul View Post
    People rely too heavily on the convenience of emails, text messages, and social media. While you cannot deny the importance of all of these platforms and how they have revolutionized the business of communications, you must not negate the importance of face-to-face communication.

The problem that lies with digital forms of communication is that it is highly impersonal. Moreover, trying to make your digital communications seem more friendly or personalized runs the risk of being misinterpreted or viewed as unprofessional.
    Miscommunication is one of the biggest causes of inefficiency and work-place conflicts. Many of these issues can be attributed to digital communications and the way they can be interpreted.
    Your talking about "self contextual interpretation" when reading the writing word.
    Here in Australia we have media studies at universities and collages that show how media is read and
    interpreted buy add "your own emotional state and mind " into that wording or media.

Example:
    If your feeling emotionally p!ssed off, you tend to read a text message as aggressive and reply with agression,
    even though the original author of the message had no such intent when the message was sent.
    The first rule of thumb is to read the trouble message again the next day and reply accordingly.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••