Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gut instinct

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Gut instinct

Re: Gut instinct

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I've felt for a long time now that the main reason you replace most circuit boards is to prove that it isn't the problem.

Yep got to prove it to the customer:

It's not the MFP............
    It's not the Tech............
    It's really the phone line...........
    It's the network..............
    IT say's it's the machine.............
    IT doesn't know what the problem is............., so it's the copier tech's problem..............$$ssholes..................

Did it again today on a Fiery with print issues.......................................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Yep got to prove it to the customer:

It's not the MFP............
    It's not the Tech............
    It's really the phone line...........
    It's the network..............
    IT say's it's the machine.............
    IT doesn't know what the problem is............., so it's the copier tech's problem..............$$ssholes..................

Did it again today on a Fiery with print issues.......................................
    And then there are Telstra Techs. It's never the degraded phone line. Never. Unless you can show them, then it must have happened after they checked.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

I think that taking the end-user at their word is a mistake. I don't, then my spidy sense works better.
    Izzy

Before I ever order a board I call tech support, let them tell me to replace the board, get a ticket number, and then in a few days send it back to them with the ticket number so I don't have to pay a fee...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phrag View Post
    And then there are Telstra Techs. It's never the degraded phone line. Never. Unless you can show them, then it must have happened after they checked.

Just this week at a large car dealership being renovated. They have 2 muratec 520 faxes and 1 doesn't work.We have had storms and I noticed no surge protector,so I mentioned it. The room across from me had their IT guy and a phone systems guy. They assured me that the whole building was 0on a state of the art system. I go back to check the one without dial tone and notice a piece of tape where the port is. I touch it and the phone line falls out. I point this out as the root cause of the problem and their phone tech says he knows about it, he is the one who did it, he just didn't have time to fix it...??????????????????
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking