Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I give up

Technicien de copieur 100+ Posts Zoren's Avatar

Re: I give up

Said it in the analog days of copiers yet still saying the same thing in the digital age of copiers.
    Just came out from hybernation.....

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    I give up

You've fixed em before, and you'll fix em again. I also have days I cant fix my way out of a piss soaked paper bag. I usually attribute it to lack of focus.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

worker drone 250+ Posts

I spoke with someone the other day that told me "their brain was giving them the silent treatment". I liked that comment.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    I spoke with someone the other day that told me "their brain was giving them the silent treatment". I liked that comment.
    LOL, that does sum up my week, talking to other members of my team it would appear that several of us are having a nightmare week, roll on 17:30 tomorrow and the Singapore Grand Prix
    And roll on Saturday evening, I am going to see Joan Baez, you youngsters won't have a clue who she is, but you tube her, listen to Diamonds and Rust, I can't wait, she has been high on my "must see" list for a long time
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    I give up

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    LOL, that does sum up my week, talking to other members of my team it would appear that several of us are having a nightmare week, roll on 17:30 tomorrow and the Singapore Grand Prix
    And roll on Saturday evening, I am going to see Joan Baez, you youngsters won't have a clue who she is, but you tube her, listen to Diamonds and Rust, I can't wait, she has been high on my "must see" list for a long time
    You'll be starting off next week with a whole new (hopefully good) frame of mind.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    I give up

At least for me, it's a continuous struggle to put aside tunnel vision. I tend to form an opinion in the first 10 minutes. It's a good thing that those instincts are pretty accurate, because it takes a supreme effort to put aside the wrong impressions, and see the problem again for the first time. Then again ... until the answer becomes clear.

i think the one thing that helps me the most is my page of observations, notes, simulations, component names and signals, even the stuff that doesn't seem to make any sense.

You'll be back on your stride in no time. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I didn't know Joan Baez was still around.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    I didn't know Joan Baez was still around.
    She's in the middle of a world tour, and is doing 4 dates in London, I missed her the last time she toured, so I made sure I got a ticket this time round. This is the last concert I have booked, it will be the first time in over 2 years where I have no music events planned, but I suppose I do have a birthday party to look forward to in 3 weeks time
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Gar the pilot

Smile Re: I give up

Stacking cans may get boring, something we rarely have to worry about. I often use the thought that we Tech's are Knights in shining armor, and problems are dragons. Some days the dragon win, it eats my horse and brakes my lance! Then its back to the ranch for a new Lance & horse to fight the dragon again. I also had doughts when learning to fly, now I am due for my first Bi-Annual flight review and have flown over 200 hours. Still a lot to learn there as here at work, with my friends the copiers.
    Your weekend sounds like a great liveware fix, Hope you have a lot of fun and come back ready for more dragons on Monday

Gar the Pilot

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Well Debs .......

I know the feeling .
    So far this week I have only had four Mondays :
    I am looking forward to the possibility of a different day tomorrow .

Hang in there .........
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .