Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I give up

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I give up

OK, I give up, I think I'll get a job stacking shelves in my local supermarket, at least I have a better chance of being able to do that than I'm having this week trying to fix copiers!
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: I give up

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    OK, I give up, I think I'll get a job stacking shelves in my local supermarket, at least I have a better chance of being able to do that than I'm having this week trying to fix copiers!

Stand Strong and give no quarter. Remember, a copier is like a dog, it can sense fear.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    I give up

I is always amazing to me how there are stretches where everything I touch turns to sh$t, and then there are times where I can do no wrong. I have never been able to figure out why.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

I'm sure everyone has gone through this, I know I have. There are a couple times a year for a week or so that I'm convinced I'd mess up closing my ziploc bag after putting my sandwich in it. This phase ends and I'm back to fixing machines again.

Fixthecopier, it's not so much the copiers sensing fear that bothers me so much, I can handle that. It's the smug "I'm going to make him look like an idiot" attitude the copiers give me that I have problems with, because sometimes they do.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Don't give up yet.. When you feel down you'll get a call from some client, show up and fix their problem(it may even be as simple as loading a toner bottle) and you'll be their hero for the day.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Been there... many many times.

During those weeks, I drive away from the customer's thinking:

"A poser! That's all I am. I've just been lucky for the past 20 years, and that's why I think I'm a tech. But really, I'm just a poser."

But good times come back around. Eventually. And then I think:

"Damn, I'm good!"

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

I thought I was the only one who comes down with CFS (cant fix shit). Hang in there Debs it goes away, take yourself a long weekend and leave work at work.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    I give up

Just stop thinking about whether you want to stay up late or get up early to watch the Singapore F1 this week end.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Some days the brain just decides, "I'm taking a day off, see you later". But it comes back eventually.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Never 'Give up!' ''Quitters never win, and winners never quit!'', so goes the saying. We all feel like you certain times, but I always console myself that since this is 'my calling', then I should not work just for mere pay, but have a real desire to serve!
    I once went to service copiers in a certain large organization that among their other employees also employ medical doctors, as administrators, and while 'eavesdropping' on their conversations, overhead some two doctors complaining about 'how boring' their work had become, and lamenting...'only if they had something else, elsewhere to do', they would quit! I then realized all of us at onetime or the other feel bored with our daily routine.