Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Plans For Halloween?

I'm Staying home and turning the lights off...Bah Hum Bug!
    Izzy

Re: Plans For Halloween?

Home lights off - pretend not to be in when all the scrounging children come............

Gar the pilot

We live out in the county so very few kids, but we set up for the few and brave that come out. We have been sick the last 2 weeks, so pumkin carving as soon as we get home. Bummer cold going around here, at least its not e-bola. now thats scary!

worker drone 250+ Posts

I have always wanted to give out scoops of ice cream...you know, kids say trick or treat, reach into the big tub of ice cream and just dish a big old scoop into their candy basket. I mean, kids love ice cream. right? Might piss off the lactose intolerant parents huh?

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Get the cauldron ready to cook the children in when they arrive to, oh wait.... Just kidding..

It will be home, lights off, on the couch with a cold beer. Possibly shoot some zombies on my computer game too.. This Holloween is going to be a little chilly at least for us southerners, so might not be many people out..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Sitting in the living room, watching F1 practice, lights on, ignoring all the beggars knocking on my front door, I have never understood why anyone would want their kids eating that many sweets anyway. Bah humbug
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Plans For Halloween?

Had idea getting some thin plastic bags fill it with waste toner from color machines by the front door with label "Do not throw on cars"
    .. Would be interesting to see if that does the trick

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Plans For Halloween?

IMG00021-20111031-1853.jpgIMG00022-20111031-1855.jpg

I'm in an apartment, full of shift-workers. The doors remain locked this year as every year, so no treaters for me.

Permit me to share my getup from 2011, I sat outside my sister-in-law's place as I lived there at the time, dressed as this. I made myself look like a scarecrow, got a bulky jacket and stuffed it with pillows, taped garbage bags over my shoes to appear as though they were just bags stuffed with leaves. I sat perfectly still for near 3 hours, only ever moving when people were coming by.

I kept a running tally of all the people who cried, because what's Halloween without a little scare? All in all, over the entire 3 hours, I made 63 people cry. 1 was unintentional, a little girl no more than 4 years old or so. I had taken off the mask and just waved to her in an attempt to not scar her for life, upon seeing my actual face she began crying. It was a small blow to the ego...

Of the 63 criers? 17 were adults who tagged along with the children. That's right, I made 17 grown people bawl like babies from being terrified. I guess I was the very first person to do this in my town, as the proceeding years yielded more people imitating my getup. This year I get to bring my little guy around to get his candy, and protect him from the big scary monsters. He's only 3, so I don't want him scarred for life just yet.

Incidentally, I may have very recently already scarred him for life. He was poking mommy and running around giggling like crazy, so whilst he wasn't looking, I poked him back. He turned around "Daddy, what was that?!", "A ghost", I replied. The look on his face turned from joy to terror and confusion. He said "Where did it go?"; now here's where I really fucked up. I thought it would be a great opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone, and as he likes tagging along to do laundry, but frequently gets in the way, I thought I could convince him to stay out of the laundry room. I told him "The ghost went to the laundry room" and watched as all confusion melted from his expression, leaving only terror.

If you've ever seen someone in movies/tv/real life who bears witness to some unspeakable horrors, and their expression just goes blank; that was the very same look he sported as he became eerily silent and wanted cuddles from mommy. My own face was blue from laughter, as I got a death-glare from mommy and a stern look of distrust from my little guy.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Plans For Halloween?

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    IMG00021-20111031-1853.jpgIMG00022-20111031-1855.jpg

I'm in an apartment, full of shift-workers. The doors remain locked this year as every year, so no treaters for me.

Permit me to share my getup from 2011, I sat outside my sister-in-law's place as I lived there at the time, dressed as this. I made myself look like a scarecrow, got a bulky jacket and stuffed it with pillows, taped garbage bags over my shoes to appear as though they were just bags stuffed with leaves. I sat perfectly still for near 3 hours, only ever moving when people were coming by.

I kept a running tally of all the people who cried, because what's Halloween without a little scare? All in all, over the entire 3 hours, I made 63 people cry. 1 was unintentional, a little girl no more than 4 years old or so. I had taken off the mask and just waved to her in an attempt to not scar her for life, upon seeing my actual face she began crying. It was a small blow to the ego...

Of the 63 criers? 17 were adults who tagged along with the children. That's right, I made 17 grown people bawl like babies from being terrified. I guess I was the very first person to do this in my town, as the proceeding years yielded more people imitating my getup. This year I get to bring my little guy around to get his candy, and protect him from the big scary monsters. He's only 3, so I don't want him scarred for life just yet.

Incidentally, I may have very recently already scarred him for life. He was poking mommy and running around giggling like crazy, so whilst he wasn't looking, I poked him back. He turned around "Daddy, what was that?!", "A ghost", I replied. The look on his face turned from joy to terror and confusion. He said "Where did it go?"; now here's where I really fucked up. I thought it would be a great opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone, and as he likes tagging along to do laundry, but frequently gets in the way, I thought I could convince him to stay out of the laundry room. I told him "The ghost went to the laundry room" and watched as all confusion melted from his expression, leaving only terror.

If you've ever seen someone in movies/tv/real life who bears witness to some unspeakable horrors, and their expression just goes blank; that was the very same look he sported as he became eerily silent and wanted cuddles from mommy. My own face was blue from laughter, as I got a death-glare from mommy and a stern look of distrust from my little guy.
    Brilliant.

.OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Plans For Halloween?

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    Brilliant.

Which part? My Halloween costume or terrifying my 3 year old?
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?