Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: The calls you dread the most.

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    Lines on copies on a machine 150 miles away. Of course customer insists they cleaned the glass. Oh well, windshield time pays the same as actual work time.

I always tell them that I am never upset over an easy call. Counts the same as a 5 hour call at the end of the year.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Exclamation Re: The calls you dread the most.

Panetone / colour matching calls! from estate agents or stationary / design print shops.

NOOoooooooo!

We draw straws... then decide which salesman we are going to blame and sacrifice to the copier god.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts d7guitar's Avatar

Following behind certain techs. You know, the ones who use super glue and electrical tape to fix everything!
    After all is said and done, More is said than done.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Talking Re: The calls you dread the most.

Hahaha we have one of those techs.

Common questions that normally follow.

Q. How the hell did manage to break that?
    Q. How the hell did you manage to break that... AGAIN?
    Q. How the hell did you manage to glue and tape that back together?
    Q. You do know it helps if you take off the screws holding it on off first?

Q. Are you going order a replacement for that part you broke and glued back together?
    A. Nah it's stronger than it was originally.

Lines on copies on a machine 150 miles away. Of course customer insists they cleaned the glass. Oh well, windshield time pays the same as actual work time.
    I've had a customer like this....2 hour drive...this being the 3rd call for lines on the copies....3 times over phone insist they clean it and walk them thru steps to pinpoint what is causing line....they swear it is clean....so I drive 2 hours and find a huge glob of white out on the slit glass....as politely as I could I explained next time it will cost them $300 dollars if I come back for this....haven't heard from them since...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Any kind of "can't print/scan" that involves a mom and pop with no IT support and assumes the copier service company will fix their network issues for free because "we have a service contract"...Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MdangerP View Post
    I'm pretty new at this (half a year)
    Get out while you still have the chance, once that toner really gets ingrained under your fingernails then you're trapped for life

At the moment the calls I dread most are anything that involves a photocopier, printer, or any other type of office equipment that an end user perceives to have a problem, but that's just me being a grumpy old bag

I generally hate noise faults because quite often I can't even hear what it is they're complaining about
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Get out while you still have the chance, once that toner really gets ingrained under your fingernails then you're trapped for life

At the moment the calls I dread most are anything that involves a photocopier, printer, or any other type of office equipment that an end user perceives to have a problem, but that's just me being a grumpy old bag

I generally hate noise faults because quite often I can't even hear what it is they're complaining about
    Then I guess that makes me a grumpy old bag too.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Then I guess that makes me a grumpy old bag too.

I think it must go with the job. I haven't seen a happy looking tech that works for other companies. I drive around jamming to my music, looking like I am having a great time, and when I see other techs and wave, they look like they want to flip me off.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

I got a nice one today. Last call at a church. Bizhub c203. Black speckles. Drum has about 235,000 on it. I go to shop to get a drum and the drama starts.

It seems the asshole salesman who made the deal, fucked it up. Basically they were getting free color copies. Before he got fired, for stealing another salesman's checkbook and writing $10,000 worth of checks, the boss was taking it out of his pay. When he got fired, the boss started billing them, which they won't pay. I didn't know any of this and told them I would be back in an hour. Well the boss was supposed to call and ask them to pay the $2,000 they owed. I guess he didn't because at 10 til 5 the shop calls me because the lady is waiting for me to come back. Now I look like an ass.