Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

The calls you dread the most.

What calls do you dread the most?

For me, it is the dreaded "noise in the machine." This thread is my best example... The beep from my Bizhub, or, I feel like an idiot now.

The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: The calls you dread the most.

We have one particular customer which makes my blood run cold when a call pops up. The person there is the most rude, complainey, whinging bitch I have ever had the misfortune of looking at. Sufficed to say, given the chance I would quite happily kick her in the lady parts with a pair of steel toe caps on.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    We have one particular customer which makes my blood run cold when a call pops up. The person there is the most rude, complainey, whinging bitch I have ever had the misfortune of looking at. Sufficed to say, given the chance I would quite happily kick her in the lady parts with a pair of steel toe caps on.

Don't hold back now - say what you really mean....!!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigwul View Post
    Don't hold back now - say what you really mean....!!
    Venting my spleen by the media of text does help my already hair-triggered temper. I joke not though, this woman is a steam-powered twat.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

LOL I hear you TonerMunkeh, I have a print shop that makes my blood boil every time I see the call in my que, her name is Nancy but I refer to her as the Sea Hag as that's what she looks like. no matter how good I get the prints to look its just not good enough for the Sea Hag and her friggin eye Loupe ! GRRR !! now that I mentioned her I will likely get a call from them any minute now

How about when the customer description defies copier logic. I have an open ticket on a Bizhub 600 that they dropped the contract on last month. She tells me the adf jams when she is trying to scan, so she has to make a copy of it, then scan the copy. Hurt your head to think about it? She was able to duplicate it once for me. It hurt my head. I am still working on why I have replaced everything that pertains to tray 2, and it will not pass more than 1 sheet, so I am still thinking about that one.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Any call with multiple machines in the building. If you sneak around maybe nobody will notice you to call you over to another machine. That or the people will wonder why there is a man walking against the wall like he's invisible. I'm pretty new at this (half a year) so my second choice would be Squeak calls.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MdangerP View Post
    Any call with multiple machines in the building. If you sneak around maybe nobody will notice you to call you over to another machine. That or the people will wonder why there is a man walking against the wall like he's invisible. I'm pretty new at this (half a year) so my second choice would be Squeak calls.
    LOL! ^ So this.. Welcome to the copier repair world btw. I run into that problem in schools "While you're here.." I Had one complain because they saw me on site(for 3 hours and never spoke to me), placed a service call, and because I needed a waste toner box I didn't have, I had to go off campus to pick it up(took 30 minutes). Well they called to complain I left with out fixing their machine. I get back to their office and they all left for the day.

For me noises are the worse. Second would be any thing KIP or wideformat, mainly because I always have bad luck or worse case scenarios turn out.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Lines on copies on a machine 150 miles away. Of course customer insists they cleaned the glass. Oh well, windshield time pays the same as actual work time.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

What about calls that have belonged to other "techs"? You have heard the customers name over and over in the shop, always some big problem and now you get to go. Customer says that "It's still doing it". You don't know what they are talking about, or you find that the guy [or girl] who was there before you was pretty much clueless. I hear "The other guy said he was going to research it and come back"

Me... Did you sign the ticket?

Them,,,yes

Me...Well that was the end of his call, he isn't coming back. Next time, don't sign the ticket until you are happy.