Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

Re: Change of employers

Since you're not bringing up pay, it seems as though that's not an issue. From what you've said, you are not at the job you want to be at. Things don't feel right and you're suspicious of management, but you have an easier time there. I believe it is better to be at a job you are comfortable in making less that being at a job you don't like making more. I have even done it. I left a job where I didn't like the management for a job that paid 75 cents an hour less. I felt more at ease and less stressed at this new job even though I was working more.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Decision made I'm off. I'll explain later but very relaxed again!!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Change of employers

I've discovered that you don't even notice the tension, until it becomes critical. Like the frog in warming water. Not hot enough to jump out, just hot enough to boil you alive. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I was in serious doubt about a company I worked for. There were layoffs and rumors of more coming. I started looking and got an offer... but it was a very slight pay cut.

I turned it down.

The offering company was cool, the manager said, because they actually had someone come back from another location, and I would have made them over-staffed... but if I had accepted, they still would have taken me.

Two days later I got a call from HR. My company had bought out another company and my services were no longer needed.

Life sucks, then you die.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've discovered that you don't even notice the tension, until it becomes critical. Like the frog in warming water. Not hot enough to jump out, just hot enough to boil you alive. =^..^=
    This is so true, I was quite happily plodding along until recently, then something, that was really pretty minor, made me want to hand in my notice. I didn't jump ship as I don't believe I would be any happier going to another company, I am just sick and tired of fixing copiers and all the stress that goes with it, my dream of leaving copiers behind me and owning my own campsite will not be a reality any time soon, so I'll keep on getting toner under my fingernails for the time being.

If you feel relaxed as soon as you made a decision, then that decision was the correct one for you, good luck with it, and, of course, with your business when it starts, I know you've worked hard towards that goal
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    Decision made I'm off. I'll explain later but very relaxed again!!!
    Well, if the 'personal reasons' for which you had earlier on left that company has now changed, then you have made a wise decision; otherwise, like the saying goes, 'like a pig washed, rolling itself again in the mud', or a 'dog going back to its vomit', you might soon find yourself in the cold and regret it later.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Change of employers

Thumbs up Re: Change of employers

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    This is so true, I was quite happily plodding along until recently, then something, that was really pretty minor, made me want to hand in my notice. I didn't jump ship as I don't believe I would be any happier going to another company, I am just sick and tired of fixing copiers and all the stress that goes with it, my dream of leaving copiers behind me and owning my own campsite will not be a reality any time soon, so I'll keep on getting toner under my fingernails for the time being.

If you feel relaxed as soon as you made a decision, then that decision was the correct one for you, good luck with it, and, of course, with your business when it starts, I know you've worked hard towards that goal
    I can feel your pain regarding being tired of fixing copiers! I am of the same opinion but also have nowhere else to go...I have to stay put untill retirement in 2 years time. I wish you well in your quest to own your own campsite.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

When life become repetitous and boring you've come to the end of your learning path.
    You should look to the future try and set new higher goal into your life stream. I felt a change was required so I'm giving the independant tech life style a try.

There is both fustration and satisfaction an it's not that easy, but if I don't try I will feel like I cheeted myself when I'm sitting in my retirement rocking chair......
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

well I cant say too much but latest is i started work again in january but i havent been paid for Decembers work at my old shit place. im owed £1600 and if its not paid by the end of the month i shall be taking legal action to recover the money through the courts - says it all about a shit company i worked for........ I didnt want to give any notice for this reason.

thanks to my parents who bailed me out!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Good luck!