Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Winter weather walking gear kit

Re: Winter weather walking gear kit

Extra gloves, boots, scarf, wool arctic hood, shovel, water, rifle, first aid kit, lighter, and a couple of days worth of food items. If I get stuck in a situation where I run out of food and water, I probably should have just stayed at home to begin with.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Extra gloves, boots, scarf, wool arctic hood, shovel, water, rifle, first aid kit, lighter, and a couple of days worth of food items. If I get stuck in a situation where I run out of food and water, I probably should have just stayed at home to begin with.
    Why do you feel the need to carry a rifle? surely your customers arn't that bad?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I still maintain that the divorce diet is the best diet on the market
    But not always that much fun. Any time you are feeling, just start a thread. We are all to help in any way we can, even if it is just a little moral support.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Back on the original thought of this thread. Last night and this morning we had our first good rain in over a year. Not enough to end the drought, but enough that agriculture around here can shut the deep well pumps off for a couple of days.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Why do you feel the need to carry a rifle? surely your customers arn't that bad?
    Boy Scout motto: Be prepared.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post

It's the squirrels man! Once they know you are stranded in the wild, they will form an alliance with the bunnies and chipmunks to take your shit! You just don't know!
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    But not always that much fun. Any time you are feeling, just start a thread. We are all to help in any way we can, even if it is just a little moral support.
    Oh, the divorce diet was fun, and that was 3 years ago, he only ever seemed to want to eat pizza and chips, I like eating pasta, fish and fresh veg (and far too much chocolate, but we won't mention that)
    The times I've been feeling low recently are nothing to do with my last (and final) divorce, they have been due to another bloody man!!!
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    My kit contains an old snowmobile suit, a blaze orange ski mask, some visitor grade safety glasses, a pair of Danner boots, a couple of pairs of clean socks, a hooded sweatshirt and winter scarf. I used to have a pair of trigger mittens too, but they got lost a long time ago.
    Your kit sounds like ordinary requirements to leave the house here. Winter survival kit for us includes -40C rated sleeping bags, candle-in-a-can for warmth, several layers of blankets etc., and similar concept ideas to get a fire going and keep it going for as long as possible.

Winter in this area is a cold, slow death if you're caught with your pants down, figuratively speaking. -40C is the same as -40F for those who may not already know; and it's not unheard of for temperatures here to hit -50C (we had a bone chilling -56C or -68.8F with wind chill last year). What might be considered a winter survival kit in some parts of the world as a bit of thicker clothing is just part of life here, so winter survival is the same kind of gear they take to climb Mt. Everest and the rest of the Himalayas.

Yet I still run around in my plain old sneakers in knee deep snow, in a sweater and long underwear. Pants are optional.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Where are you Akitu? Tell us about cold weather. =^..^=
    Off sick dealing with what always seems to be the flu that's going to end my life. Is the above good enough? I could go on, but I think I've referenced how bloody cold it is here enough on these forums. I might very well have a page to myself if one were to search for "cold" on here.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Your kit sounds like ordinary requirements to leave the house here. Winter survival kit for us includes -40C rated sleeping bags, candle-in-a-can for warmth, several layers of blankets etc., and similar concept ideas to get a fire going and keep it going for as long as possible.

Winter in this area is a cold, slow death if you're caught with your pants down, figuratively speaking. -40C is the same as -40F for those who may not already know; and it's not unheard of for temperatures here to hit -50C (we had a bone chilling -56C or -68.8F with wind chill last year). What might be considered a winter survival kit in some parts of the world as a bit of thicker clothing is just part of life here, so winter survival is the same kind of gear they take to climb Mt. Everest and the rest of the Himalayas.

Yet I still run around in my plain old sneakers in knee deep snow, in a sweater and long underwear. Pants are optional.

Off sick dealing with what always seems to be the flu that's going to end my life. Is the above good enough? I could go on, but I think I've referenced how bloody cold it is here enough on these forums. I might very well have a page to myself if one were to search for "cold" on here.
    Bloody hell, I thought my aunt had it bad with daytime temps of -20C in Calgary
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't