Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    When my contract went from minolta Di250/350/520/620 to konica minolta 2510's/ 3010's/ 7255/7272, one of the things I had to explain over and over again was that the new machines had 2 power switches. Someone would turn off the main power and noone else could find it.
    The following was a real event...1-Service call- No power Repair- Push plug in wall. 2- Repeat call - No power Repair- push plug into back of machine 3-Repeat call -No power Repair- Show em what a circut breaker is. 4- repeat call -no power and we know it's the machine because we moved it down the wall to the next plug and it is still dead. Repair- explain to them the concept of an electrical circut and how the same circut breaker will fix this problem.
    You also have to keep an open mind, I was sent to do simple cleaning on 3 minolta machines that had been shipped back to base. I am ashamed to say it took me more than 15 min to figure out that all 3 machines were dead when I plugged them in because they had been purchased over seas and were 220 volt.

OMD-227
    One client ran out of OHP transparencies, so they cut a laminating pouch in half (cut the joined end) and put it through the copier as if it was a transparency. Did you ever get one of those 'chinese burns' on your arm at school? well that is what the fuser UHR looked like afterwards.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    (Ricoh) I had one call, the start button doesn´t turn green, when I got to the site looked at the machine and told the customer he would be Billed and he agreed, so I turned on the user Key "For who doesn´t know, this is a normal key that turns off 5V current"
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    Customer(interior designer) tried to copy a square piece of cloth stuck to a sheet of paper, through a document feeder and wondered why it jammed?

Sent to a call with the details "a mouse is inside the machine" - and sure enough a mouse had built a nest inside a sharp sf 7370 dark box. wrote the machine off as the customer had no contract anyway.

My old work orders had a thin onion skin type copy for the customers reciept. I had unjammed the doc feeder, gave him the reciept, walked out and as I was getting in my car I got a page to go back. The onion skin was jammed in the doc feed.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    How dumb can they be?

Where's my letter opener?

I used to service a Mita DC-2055 at an attorney's office. He always insisted that his favorite letter opener sit on the top right edge of the copier (presumably for convenience).

I took a call there one day for 1/2 copies. Sounds like a dirty registration clutch, doesn't it? No, the image registration was not off. The image was half blank, front half only.

It seems the favorite letter opener fell into the bypass tray and got wedged in the pre-registration guides. It didn't prevent paper from being fed from the trays, but it did function like a lathe, and literally cut the drum in two. The rear half driven, the front half not.

My customer purchased a new drum & blade that day (millwork is not covered under contract), then placed the favorite letter opener back on the right edge of the copier.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Another school dumbass. I had a substitute teacher call in, "put original in the document feeder, the original is lost, but the copy came out). This was on a very user friendly Toshiba, 2860. Can anyone guess what she did?....................She put the original in the bypass tray and hit print.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Last week I went to a church for an error code F28-02 on a Di551. I grabbed a T/S housing out of a parts machine on my way out thinking it might be an end block shorting out. When I got there I found a metallic paper in the paper path. I removed the paper and told them not to run this media in the machine since it has METAL on it.

(The strange thing is they were actually able to run about 20 sheets through before it threw the error code.)

I just found out today that I did one to myself. A customer called and said the toner I had left her for her KM5510 did not fit. I ask for 2 bottles of toner for that model and went out to see her. When I got there I saw that the bottle of 604 toner she had, matched the 2 I had. I opened the door and found that the drawer label said 601 toner and it had 601 in it. I went to my truck, got her some 601, loaded the machine and left. I went to the shop and argued with the parts lady about giving me the wrong toner. She promptly showed me the book that said it takes 604. At this point I realized that last year when I was having a toner issue with that machine I snached a hopper/bottle holder from a parts machine, not thinking about the difference in models. That was 9 months ago, no quality problems. Guess it is the same toner or real close.

Senior Production Tech 100+ Posts texchar555's Avatar

If only see could see

I called the customer and asked her whats the problem? She replied by saying the fax machine just rings and rings. I asked her is the fax in auto recieve? she said yes. I asked her again and she said yep. I asked her on the fax machine there should be two lights on 1 auto recieve and the other was standard. She said its still doing the same thing. OK im on my way. I drove 54 miles to see what had happen. I walk in and asked her ok, lets see the machine. When she took me to the machine I noticed that the auto recieve button wasnt lit up. I looked at her and asked her, I thought you said the lights where on? She looked at me with a serious look and darted her eyes to the ceiling and she pointed to the light and said see I told you. I could of killed her.