Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: Dumbest thing u have seen a tech do!

A goof on me... I had spent a week working on nothing but bizhub 950s, they have drum carriages that come out on rails. I came back to the shop to work on a bh601. I pulled out the drum unit only to have it crash to the floor and send toner and developer out in a 6ft radius.

Also dropped a drum on a Ricoh MP9000 thinking that the drum cradle works like a AF2090.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

If we are now confessing, I put developer for a bizhub 501 in a bizhub 600. Discovered it 3 hours later when I went to do the 501. The 600 was still running, but had a hazy background. I was distracted by a female...
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Dumbest thing u have seen a tech do!

My first big goof was working on a Sharp SD4085 (in the shop, thankfully) and trying to pull the DV unit out the right side. I grabbed a handle underneath the unit thinking it was the drawer release.
    Unfortunately, that handle releases the developer tank to empty during a PM with a box and trash bag liner to catch it - without that box, the dv emptied onto the floor and right side of copier.
    Took several hours to clean everything up, with my manger watching every step.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Screw driver slipped when i removed a SSD from BH36 and knocked off one of small component that completes the data circuit that runs to the laser. The machine would work fine but no image! Turned out that the problem was the SSD but now with a useless MFPB.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post
    A goof on me... I had spent a week working on nothing but bizhub 950s, they have drum carriages that come out on rails. I came back to the shop to work on a bh601. I pulled out the drum unit only to have it crash to the floor and send toner and developer out in a 6ft radius.
    I came very close to doing that too. Since I worked primarily on 950's I just assumed that there were rails. I did manage to keep a vice-like grip with my left, and only dumped a little toner and developer on my shoes. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I hope the afore mentioned tech is no longer working with you; leaving "time bombs" in machines is a no-no!
    I haven't seen him in 19 years, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he wasn't still sabotaging machines everywhere he went. You see his father-in-law was one of the service managers, and guaranteed him employment, no matter how much damage he did. Our explicit direction at the branch was " ... to find things that he can do." That, in itself was a challenge. I wasn't particularly successful. His unique talent seemed to be finding new ways to fail. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I haven't seen him in 19 years, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he wasn't still sabotaging machines everywhere he went. You see his father-in-law was one of the service managers, and guaranteed him employment, no matter how much damage he did. Our explicit direction at the branch was " ... to find things that he can do." That, in itself was a challenge. I wasn't particularly successful. His unique talent seemed to be finding new ways to fail. =^..^=
    Actually, I think he might have been one of my service managers.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Lost a big retaining clip thru a window from a second story room. Was for a pressure roller on a Ricoh copy printer (Duplicator). Was to far from the office to just leave it at that took me 2 and a half hours to find it in the grass.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    If we are now confessing, I put developer for a bizhub 501 in a bizhub 600. Discovered it 3 hours later when I went to do the 501. The 600 was still running, but had a hazy background. I was distracted by a female...
    Reminds me of the time we had this new girl come into work in the office. She was blonde and wore thongs. I was setting up her computer on her desk for her and was trying to remove an old pair of speakers. As I was pulling out the cables from the hole in the desk the DC adapter was stuck. I got the bright idea of cutting it off with my pocket knife instead of going under the desk. I spent the next 20 minutes splicing the DC adapter for her phone back together.