Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: Dumbest thing u have seen a tech do!

Quote Originally Posted by 41-willys View Post
    the dumbest and funniest thing I saw was when one tech was showing a new tech to never touch this part in the back of the machine when the machine is on. Then by accident did it, knocking him off the stool he was sitting on. He jumps up and says, That's why you don't want to touch there. All the other techs where on the floor laughing.

Haha I witnessed a similar incident when I was new too. The tech training me, caused a 3ft spark to fly out the back, along with a pop it tripped the breaker in that side of the building.. Fortunately no one was hurt even the machine was fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cool Re: Dumbest thing u have seen a tech do!

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post
    Haha I witnessed a similar incident when I was new too. The tech training me, caused a 3ft spark to fly out the back, along with a pop it tripped the breaker in that side of the building.. Fortunately no one was hurt even the machine was fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jees that had to be at least 36000V. I hooked up a HV form a Ricoh FT3313 to a power supply just to play with the arc the charge gave off, looks very cool in the dark but the ozone would make you feel sick after about 10 min. Even exposed that to another running 3313 to see if i could get it to fail, the arc would run all over the control board but the machine just kept on going. You can feel the arc on your fingers it could jump like an inch and a bit.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Jees that had to be at least 36000V. I hooked up a HV form a Ricoh FT3313 to a power supply just to play with the arc the charge gave off, looks very cool in the dark but the ozone would make you feel sick after about 10 min. Even exposed that to another running 3313 to see if i could get it to fail, the arc would run all over the control board but the machine just kept on going. You feel the arc on your fingers it could jump like an inch and a bit.
    If you want to play around with High Voltage electricity a Van de Graff generator is a lot safer.
    I have a Van De Graff on a dry day that can put out around 250,000 Volt at micro amps.
    It'll throw sparks for around10 inches(250mm) or more.
    You can learn/teach alot about how electricity works.You
    can have a load of fun with kids of all ages.
    Examples :
    Light fluro bulbs from across the room.
    Place thread tape (snakes) on the generator and see who's snake stands proud and lauches off first.
    See who can get the longest spark to jump onto their finger. Some as long as 250mm.
    See how tornadoes and lightning work, having both a HV spinning spiral leader from the bottom(ground), and top (cloud)at the same time. When the two spinning sprial leaders meet there is a huge voltage discharge(flash) down the calm center of the vortex.
    In a dark room watch fire and lightning stream off your hands like a witch or warlock. Kids love the warlock effect.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 01-31-2015 at 11:28 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    If you want to play around with High Voltage electricity a Van de Graff generator is a lot safer.
    I have a Van De Graff on a dry day that can put out around 250,000 Volt at micro amps.
    It'll throw sparks for around10 inches(250mm) or more.
    You can learn/teach alot about how electricity works.You
    can have a load of fun with kids of all ages.
    Examples :
    Light fluro bulbs from across the room.
    Place thread tape (snakes) on the generator and see who's snake stands proud and lauches off first.
    See who can get the longest spark to jump onto their finger. Some as long as 250mm.
    See how tornadoes and lightning work, having both a HV spinning spiral leader from the bottom(ground), and top (cloud)at the same time. When the two spinning sprial leaders meet there is a huge voltage discharge(flash) down the calm center of the vortex.
    In a dark room watch fire and lightning stream off your hands like a witch or warlock. Kids love the warlock effect.
    Sounds like a lot of fun, have you ever experienced a PVC welder. That would also cause a fluro tube bulb to light up in your hands with only radio frequency.

Sounds like a lot of fun, have you ever experienced a PVC welder. That would also cause a fluro tube bulb to light up in your hands with only radio frequency.
    No I've never played with a PVC welder. Is that a plasma field welder/cutter ?

It is a device used to weld together PVC plastic rubber like material that gets used to make those massive billboards and truck covers. I transmits radio frequency in addition to pressure and makes the PVC molecules shift in between each other.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I almost forgot this classic. One of our techs was doing side work and was giving the customers his name and cell phone number...written on the back of the owners business cards. Guess who got a call when the tech took their money, the fix didn't work and he wouldn't answer his phone?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I almost forgot this classic. One of our techs was doing side work and was giving the customers his name and cell phone number...written on the back of the owners business cards. Guess who got a call when the tech took their money, the fix didn't work and he wouldn't answer his phone?
    Going about to see if i could get an old account back i caught my fellow tech in action doing a private ussing company stock he booked out to another customer.

It is a device used to weld together PVC plastic rubber like material that gets used to make those massive billboards and truck covers. I transmits radio frequency in addition to pressure and makes the PVC molecules shift in between each other.

snip [/video]
    Using resonance to weld poly-hydrocarbons together. It's only a matter of time before they use the same technique to weld damaged human tissue back together. After all human body water is hydrogen based it should be very close to the same vibration and frequency....

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

I saw two techs ride together to go on this one call about 90mi away to repair a machine, that basically needed everything.. Between the two of them, not one brought a tool kit..