Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Yes!! Isn't it insane how we pick our leaders the same way, from the same pond of scum, and get mad when things don't change. A couple of years ago here in N.C. a man started running adds to protest a small gas tax as a concerned man of the people, and now guess who's running for gov.. Boy we couldn't see that one coming. Same old crap, different day!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    See what I'm really about is trying to get a rational reason for folks who wish for this particular person to become the next president.

I"m not doing it out of racisim or hatism or any other ism. Just the curiosity of why he has become the phenomenon that he has for no apparent reason.

Now I have gotten one good response from Cobiray and I promise man I will listen to that when I get a chance. What I would like is to hear from the folks who are definetely going to vote for him. I want to know why above and beyond hating George Bush and wanting a Democrat in the White House.

In other words."Where's the Beef?"

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    Jimbo, ya want a rational reason but ya just not gonna get one bud.. The reason why -- because there ain't one. No matter what reason people are telling themselves about voting for Obama, they can't find anything strong enough to stand on it's own.. People are tired of the direction the country is going right now (who the hell isn't?), and they want "change".. Well, that's what he's promising. Can he actually "do" ALL that he's promising he will do? Hell No.. Nobody could. But the majority of his target is the minority of the country, and most of them in reality don't give a SHIT what he stands for.. They just know they want him President because he's "Intelligent", "Loyal", "Friendly", or just plain "Black".. Well friends, I used to have a DOG that matched every one of them descriptions and then some-- but i don't really think he would have made a good president either.. --GOD BLESS AMERICA--

I think many people are putting too much thought into this. It does not matter who runs against McCain, in our two party system the vote will be to spend a billion dollars a day for war or to stop spending a billion dollars a day for war.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I think many people are putting too much thought into this. It does not matter who runs against McCain, in our two party system the vote will be to spend a billion dollars a day for war or to stop spending a billion dollars a day for war.
    then what will become of the US, mayby go bank rupt, did you ever think about this, your army industrie is what keep you going. this is just a portuguese speaking, first you back-up Sadam to invade Kuwait then you f* him up, I by no means defende Sadam or his religion, but youŽll have to stay in Iraq a clean up the mess you created in that country, that the least you can do.
    just my 2 cents, I personaly hope Obama Win the race, maybe can start what Martin Luther king had in mind, Civil Rights and alot more.
    Keep this in mind, IŽm not Comunist nor am I against the USA, but youŽll have to finish what you started.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Obama?????   Don't get it.?.?....

Yes, Bush f*cked this war up so bad that we're going to have to stay there no matter who gets in office. Why do you think their building a
    BILLION dollar military base there with our taxpayers dollars!
    The government we installed there is not competent (sp?) enough to spend the oil revenue money that keeps pouring in so the money comes from the ole US Treasury. Your tax dollars at work.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar
    All I say is that for those who hate everything that the America stands for is .......LEAVE! We might not have the perfect country, but we live in a country that you can say what you want about your leaders. How many other countries can you say that about.

Yes, we as a country has made mistakes, but look at all the good and great things this country has done. I am tired of everyone bad mouthing America. I just have one question. If America is so bad, why are people willing to risk their lives to come to this country?

As for this war, about how it has been handled. I agree it is my opinion, that mistakes have been made. But, that is my opinion. I do not presume to know all the facts that influenced the actions that were made, or are being made. But I will say that a lot of people get their facts from the media. Why, should we trust a source that has a motto of "If it bleeds, it leads"? What is the media's agenda? Higher ratings! When was the last time you heard about the many good things that have come from this war in Iraq.

True the Iraqi government may be inept as you said, but have you studied the history of our government. We have been doing it for over 200 years and have not got it right, yet? So, give them a break!
    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

Relax, God IS in control!

Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    It's very interesting reading these posts. I see a lot of mailicious and intolerant explanations as to why someone would vote for Obama.

I see alot of thinly veiled Racism.

I see alot of Bi-Partisan dislike, to be mild and Hatred, to be extreme.

What does it all mean? This Great nation was built off the Blood, Sweat and Tears of all the people that occupy this land.

It amazes me how a political race can generate such strong emotions from intelligent people that really share the same goals. To make a better life for themselves and their families.

Why is that? Why do people always look for someone to hate and when there is no one readily available, they choose groups, cultures, religions or political parties that just happen to have a different opinion than they do?

Don't we all have the right to disagree and isn't it that right to disagree and speak ones mind that makes this country so great in the first place?

Isn't it great that we can criticize our government and choose to change that government leader if they don't do the right thing?

I don't want to go off on a tangent with this issue, but I do want to point out, we need to stop moaning, because we have one of the highest standards of living in the world, all three candidates are intelligent and decent people, I'm sure, that will govern us to the high standards we all demand.

There will be mistakes, because as people, we're all fallable. But we will go on and hopefully, all live in harmony. Even if we don't like each other.

GOD Bless America. Land of the FREE and Home of the BRAVE!

You speak the truth, wise one. Oh Yeah, and that other guy is right also, if you don't agree with what HE thinks America stands for you should just get out. There is no room for people who think different in America.

Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Oh Yeah, and that other guy is right also, if you don't agree with what HE thinks America stands for you should just get out. There is no room for people who think different in America.
    I believe that you misunderstood what I was saying. I value the many different opinions that are held by many different people. I am not afraid of a good debate. One of the great things about America is the diversity. Who would I debate with if everyone agreed with me?

What I was trying to say that if you don't like something or somewhere, why would you want to stay? For example. if you don't like the cold, why would you stay in the North Pole?
    Last edited by laserman06; 05-12-2008 at 12:39 AM. Reason: misspelling
    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

Relax, God IS in control!

Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10