Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Question Obama????? Don't get it.?.?....

After wading through the thread on Mission Accomplished I felt that I wanted to use the space here to try and clear up a mystery.

What is the deal with Barack Obama? By that I mean here we have a guy who hasn't even finished his first term in Senate. To my knowledge he hasn't sponsored any significant legislation. I will be danged if I can figure out what he is done but the press for the most part and a surprising amount of Democrats and not a few Republicans literally faint over him.

Change?? I've got two quarters and a nickel in my pocket but that means nothing. Niether does spouting that word and we had a president elected already just by saying change and it really wasn't worth it.

Just what has he done that makes people think he should be president?? He speaks eloquently?? So did Ronald Reagan but lots of you didn't like him. Surely that can't be all.

I grew concerned a few weeks ago at how it was going and actually Googled "Obama cult" and was shocked at the mainstream press articles calling it exactly that.

No I'm not trying to go off the deep end here, but I am trying to get someone to give me a reason he should be even the slightest consideration. No I don't care for Hillary or McCain either. Don't like anybody running this time.

Please enlighten me. Also I've been on both sides so please don't try to give me the good against evil thing because it goes on both sides.

Help...........

All three of them Suck ! and none of them are going to make a difference positive and a few will be a negative impact.

Hold on to your seats fellas, its going to be some ride!

It's scary because none of them really stand for anything. Change, change, change.

I think I have enough quarters to do my laundry now. Is that the change??

Next Pres will inherit a recession , plus the bills of a big spender.

Thesethings may be true but I still don't understand how Obama is even a contender.

Can somebody please elucidate for me??

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar

Temporary Elucidation!

You know, I don't really get it either, but I do have an idea.

I think the American public are a fickle bunch, that don't really care for government because our government has proven itself to be less than truthful at times and not the all good doing entity they have tried to program most of us into believing they are.

I believe the people are enamored by Obama for all the reasons you mentioned. He has not been in Government long enough to be totally "Programmed" by "The Way Things Are Done Round' Heya"!

I don't believe that either, but people can hope.

With our current President, I don't see how he was ever re-elected based on the way he was elected in the first place. I think people were scared and believed he would Kick Ass better than the other guy that was running against him the second time around.

Not a good reason, but enough to get him re-elected.

There turned out to be a lot of B.S. behind the way he Led us into Iraq. The people are pissed and are looking for someone that won't adopt the Business as Usual approach I think McCain and Hillary will fall into once they don't have to campaign anymore.

I think Obama will do the same thing because there are alot of strings attached to the Presidency.

I mean, look at the ex-Governor of The great State of New York. His campaign slogan was, "Day 1, Everything Changes!"

The only thing that changed, maybe, was the Hooker he was ordering.

Government is Srewwed up Big Time, but what makes the Country Great is the People! The Common Folk that have to listen to their B.S and hope they do the right thing.

I don't want to go off on a tangent, but, that's just my thoughts on the current situation.

God Bless America and us all!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    you know I dont care about any of it. why? The three stooges are having fun playing a game in their own little world. I wouldn't want any of them running my life, making choices for me, or otherwise. What a joke the whole thing has been. i truly think, we need to re-think the whole thing. We are a huge nation, and this is all we have for a choice to deal with. How sad! I cant be proud of that. The way the economy is right now, folks we are doomed! you had better get your finances in order, become self reliant. Grow your own food, get it started now! You can even grow cat-fish in a barrel if you had to. Look on the Internet. The bottom line is: We are in trouble Big Time.
    Anybody that could have done anything, nobody wanted. Oh well, you get what you pay for, maybe. Learning lesson for those who didn't know better, and the rest of us have to pay the consequences of others choices . I hope someday people will learn that when you make a choice, it affects more than yourself. I'm not perfect either, but i try to work toward making better choices keeping in mind the other person. Some people think the world revolves around them, their world, not mine.
    the three stooges look and see

KonicaMinolta Tech. 250+ Posts CMB's Avatar
    i don't want to sound like a racist or a pig but the only reason senator hussein and hillary are running for president is because this is a chance for the first black man to be elected as well as the first woman. and people are voting on just those facts alone. nevermind what they actually stand for.................
    http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital
    630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    i don't want to sound like a racist or a pig but the only reason senator hussein and hillary are running for president is because this is a chance for the first black man to be elected as well as the first woman. and people are voting on just those facts alone. nevermind what they actually stand for.................
    You really believe those are the only reasons these 2 people are considered candidates.

In that case, why aren't there more Blackmen or Women running that have no credentials or Government experience?

I also believe you're acting Ignorant just to get a rise out of others.

Very immature.

OK.....

Thanks for the posts guys. What I would really like to see is somebody who either has or is planning to vote Obama to please come forward and explain this to me. What I'm looking for and hoping for is something more than I'm Democrat and as long as he says he's a democrat I will vote for him even though he may be saying he' gonna make us all wear our underwear outside our clothing.

Understand..

And please no tirades about G.W. He is history.