Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: Why can't I print? <<<confusion>>>

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    It is one of those piece of shit Bizhub 42's. They told me some can, and some can't, that is why I ask about drivers. They said the thumb drive port has never worked, so with so many different variables like the format of the drive or file type, I decided to test the show room machine, then go back with a good example to show them it works....still can't get the damn showroom machine to print from it.
    Had one like that in a school on a taskalpha 8000i. A teacher told the copy clerk that her thumb drive didn't work. Of course she wasn't around to interro.. I mean interview, because my two thumb drives worked fine. When I finally found out what kind of thumb drive it was, I laughed, and sure enough it didn't work. It was some old no name 128mb stick. Probably wasn't even formatted right.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    On the close relative bizhub 423, you have to enable the print from USB, scan to USB, in administrator settings before they will appear in the menu. I would assume that it's similar. =^..^=

I printed the instructions for them, assuming that was the issue with the thumb drive port, and knowing my shop, they didn't set ours up either.

Kind of off the subject, but I was amused. The machine is at a Christian school and I have been there several times. Usually a few ladies in the office, very nice people. When I walked in, there was a man sitting at a desk a few feet away from the copier on a laptop. If I were to make an assumption about where he was born, it would be India, based on his appearance and deep accent. When the customer mentioned that she was getting an extra blank sheet on some print jobs, I said it was most likely the server spooling, if it didn't happen on copy jobs. He spoke up and verified what I said. She mentioned a couple of other print related issues and the man and I both gave the same responses to each, him kind of verifying my answers. When I left, I thought to myself, when these guys get tech support from India they don't fuck around. I wonder how much it cost to fly him in.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Why can't I print? &lt;&lt;&lt;confusion&gt;&gt;&gt;

The original call was for not Rx fax. After some investigation I discovered that they did not know the true phone number coming into this fax. Coincidentally there was a fax at the end of the number they told me. Of the many un-answerable questions they asked, "Who was getting our faxes?", "Why that phone number? It certainly isn't our number.", "There is another fax on the line?" Me: "How would I know?"

After dialing the number several times from my cell, they began to believe me about the phone number. And it was very hard to blame the fax, since it wasn't even on the line. My analog handset was.

Once the correct number was dialed we discovered that there were three faxes attempting to RX all on the same phone line, all set to two rings. When one of the faxes did answer, it was immediately interrupted by another fax or two. It works a lot better with only one fax on the line. True genius at work here.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Updating firmware on C224e. Finally restarting. There is still shark tails on display. User comes and start pumping Start key... I said it is not possible to speed up boot up process this way but in vain. Nice.
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Why can't I print? &lt;&lt;&lt;confusion&gt;&gt;&gt;

Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post
    Updating firmware on C224e. Finally restarting. There is still shark tails on display. User comes and start pumping Start key... I said it is not possible to speed up boot up process this way but in vain. Nice.
    This sort of reminds me of those PC users that click a command 50 or 60 times, while the PC if processing slowly, so it runs even more slowly. After a very long time the screen starts filling up with windows. "Why does it do that!!!" =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    This sort of reminds me of those PC users that click a command 50 or 60 times, while the PC if processing slowly, so it runs even more slowly. After a very long time the screen starts filling up with windows. "Why does it do that!!!" =^..^=
    I'm voting for
    1. panic
    2. impatience
    3. stupidity

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.