Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Mistakes you made when you were a ROOKIE (noob--whatever)

Pity... If you know the truth there is nothing religious about it.

I dropped an Oce TDS450 drum when i first touched it. @#$$ expensive mistake. R16000 or $1400.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Mistakes you made when you were a ROOKIE (noob--whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Oh, please, create a separate thread for a religious theme.
    Oh please, a quote from the bible is no different than a quote from any other book. There was no mention of religion in his post.

hehe

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Oops - 2nd day on the job. Was handed a developer unit (with fresh developer) out of an old savin 9965. I start examining it, decided to tip it. I'm 6'4 so when the developer came pouring out of the unit onto the carpet, it made a nice mushroom cloud that expanded throughout the entire 20' x 40' room. Years later they were still finding surfaces with a developer dusting on it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Mistakes you made when you were a ROOKIE (noob--whatever)

Remember going to a bank to remove a paper jam, Minolta 450z(85/86), removed the fuser, removed wrapped paper jam, re-installed fuser, got back to shop, service manager asks me if I ran a copy, had to go back to plug in fuser. Going 50 miles and then realizing your tool box is sitting on your bench, them sending the secretary to meet you half ways to give it to you, douh! The stories.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Oh please, a quote from the bible is no different than a quote from any other book. There was no mention of religion in his post.
    I agree, if you PMed the guy and asked him. He would be against "religion" as well. Now, back to the subject at hand.

In the beginning I replaced a control board on a paper feeder. I was in a hurry because my service manager was watching. I didn't unplug the power cord and after a small shock, a Big Bang, and a little smoke. I blew that board wide open. I'm Still pretty dumb but I'm learning.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Hehe, i keep a screwdriver in my toolbag one in my laptop bag another in my cars boot, just for that reason. I will instead on leaving the stuff at home or at the office leave stuff like spray cleaner and brushes and the like everywhere at the customers they are normally nice enough to phone or to keep it oneside.
    I basically do the same. I keep a screw driver in my laptop bag too. I usually have my bag with me, and I keep my tools in the car except if it's really cold or hot outside. When not in car, I will store my toolbox under my desk.

I actually had a call the other day to go clean optics on a bizhub 36, and as I got there I realized my tool kit was not in the car. I checked under my desk and the tool box was not there so I thought it was in the car, NOT!(tool box was sitting on top of work bench in shop). Luck was with me as I disassembled the top with my screw driver and pocket knife. Customer had rags and cleaners onsite. (Pledge works really good for cleaning and polishing glass and mirrors.)