Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: I feel so cheap and used

Not worth the bother to deal with them. We only go on our terms, our price. Thats it.
    If return call is needed, they pay. They threaten to go elsewhere and we say "go for it".
    They often come back and agree to our terms.
    Hold out friends and make them agree to your payment rates and policies or you will get sucked in and used.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts DallasTech's Avatar

Re: I feel so cheap and used

Quote Originally Posted by kjg View Post
    Not worth the bother to deal with them. We only go on our terms, our price. Thats it.
    If return call is needed, they pay. They threaten to go elsewhere and we say "go for it".
    They often come back and agree to our terms.
    Hold out friends and make them agree to your payment rates and policies or you will get sucked in and used.

I agree. You have to build value in yourself and your work. The warranty company is losing money by having 4 different techs show up for $400 and the customer really starts to question the retailer/warranty company/manufacturer. At least the tech doesn't look bad, but it does give his manager a good reason to ask for a better rate. Once you get them locked in where they know you are reliable, you tell them you need $75 or $100 a trip. If they know what's good for them, they'll be willing to pay.