Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

what's in the tech bag

Hehe and there it goes.

weirdest must be the enema pump i use as a blower.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: what's in the tech bag

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Hehe and there it goes.

weirdest must be the enema pump i use as a blower.
    I'll ask you a question that my boss sometimes ask me. Are you a man or a mouse ?

post the pics. want to see actual photos of the tools of the trade we use every day. does not matter how stupid it looks. My thinking is, if it works for me forget what the rest says. Maybe we can get some ideas of making our job easier.

I will post mines tonight. for the record allan has stolen the candy from the kid.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    what's in the tech bag

Ryobi TEK 4v screwdriver.

works like a charm. just ignore "for your lady friend?" remark at homedepot.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    Ryobi TEK 4v screwdriver.

works like a charm. just ignore "for your lady friend?" remark at homedepot.
    I'll race you with a normal screwdriver.

Technician

Would love to know a quality screw driver out there,one that has attachments for the majority of screw heads.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ridds View Post
    Would love to know a quality screw driver out there,one that has attachments for the majority of screw heads.

Just curious, how many different heads do you run into working on equipment? A #2 Phillips works for 95% of my calls, a #1 covers the other 5%. If working on plotters 2 different torx bits will cover me. As far as quality goes, Craftsman used to be my tool of choice. They have a REAL lifetime warranty. If you take your screwdriver and use it as a punch and it doesn't work on screws anymore, they will replace it. However I have noticed the tips are not cut sharp enough anymore on some and looks like the best needle nose pliers cost about $50 or more to get ones that are precision enough to tightly grip tiny springs and wires, so I have a bag full of surgical hemostats I use for that.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I'll race you with a normal screwdriver.
    I'll give you an hour start ahead. [see the pic]. You want nothing with these. The ryobi 4v is very light and small, but the torque and speed just don't cut it.
    I can use these all day long and it is satisfying using it. You have to get the midas touch in using power tools correctely. Although i am in a shop setting, if in the field i will sacrifice others to take the driver.
    Like allan cannot do without this. allan said his was 1/2 meter, i measured my driver from tip to drill handle and the it is 20" about the same as allan's. But i have got the power and i like it.

let see the pics of your tools guys and gals.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    I'll give you an hour start ahead. [see the pic]. You want nothing with these. The ryobi 4v is very light and small, but the torque and speed just don't cut it.
    I can use these all day long and it is satisfying using it. You have to get the midas touch in using power tools correctely. Although i am in a shop setting, if in the field i will sacrifice others to take the driver.
    Like allan cannot do without this. allan said his was 1/2 meter, i measured my driver from tip to drill handle and the it is 20" about the same as allan's. But i have got the power and i like it.

I have been tearing down MP 6500's and 2090's in under 2 hours doing about 3 a day(glad those days are over). Even with a power tool its going to be close. It seem like a hassle to work with its heavier, and a normal screw driver keeps to force dead on center and it gives you just the right amount of feel.

How long does the batteries last and does it have sensitive torque control?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post

I bought a Dewalt screwdriver and drill to make my job eaiser. they are rock solid, I can drive screws through bamboo wood all day long, but went back to old school screwdriver after about two weeks. Those power drivers are great until you strip a head with one.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    what's in the tech bag

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I bought a Dewalt screwdriver and drill to make my job eaiser. they are rock solid, I can drive screws through bamboo wood all day long, but went back to old school screwdriver after about two weeks. Those power drivers are great until you strip a head with one.
    If the power driver does not have an adjustable clutch, I wouldn't use it, and the bit must not be worn.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --