Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: what's in the tech bag

what about mini glue gun. I had one in my bag all the time. superglue would fail a lot, but not hot glue. It is sure, and pulled me out many times to get the machine working till get replacement part or permanent fix depending on the issue. superglue i would use if the part cosmetic looks would be obvious and heat issues as hot glue will soften with moderate heat. but definitely must have in the bag. And hot glue can be strengthen with the use of plastic and metal as braces ect. any thoughts.
    Last edited by subaro; 04-27-2015 at 06:42 AM.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    what's in the tech bag

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    what about mini glue gun. I had one in my bag all the time. superglue would fail a lot, but not hot glue. It is sure, and pulled me out many times to get the machine working till get replacement part or permanent fix depending on the issue. superglue i would use if the part cosmetic looks would be obvious and heat issues as hot glue will soften with moderate heat. but definitely must have in the bag. And hot glue can be strengthen with the use of plastic and metal as braces ect. any thoughts.
    Back in my Mita days, I would use hot glue. When I got jitter from machines with a greaseable clutch loosely pinned to the shaft, I would clean and grease the clutch, insert the pin, then squirt some hot glue on the pin. While it's still hot I would press the clutch onto the hot glue and pin. It would take up some of the looseness in the registration roller drive, and remove some of the jitter lines. You can also disassemble it later. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    what's in the tech bag

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    I'll give you an hour start ahead. [see the pic]. You want nothing with these. The ryobi 4v is very light and small, but the torque and speed just don't cut it.
    I can use these all day long and it is satisfying using it. You have to get the midas touch in using power tools correctely. Although i am in a shop setting, if in the field i will sacrifice others to take the driver.
    Like allan cannot do without this. allan said his was 1/2 meter, i measured my driver from tip to drill handle and the it is 20" about the same as allan's. But i have got the power and i like it.

let see the pics of your tools guys and gals.
    because of the selftapping screw nature on Kyocera machine(i've only known Kyocera...lol), i avoid using beefier drivers. I dont rebuild so i could get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I'll race you with a normal screwdriver.
    whenever you are up in canadia

but but... i'm currently not using the ryobi cuz the end cap broke... that also means no battery...
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    what's in the tech bag

I only use drills (clutch or not) for tear-down and Craftsman replaceable tip screw driver for putting things back together and this screwdriver has the most powerful magnetic tip I think I have ever seen (might be neodymium)

I superglued the star-like gear from back of a toner for c451/c650s to a guillotine cutter cutting-stick to reseat those stupid ass toner-drive-gears that pop out of place constantly on those models.

Print Shop rubber rejuvenator is awesome for cleaning certain gunked up tires (stinks tho).

Its all about what's in the bag. not just tools, but what the bag that you lift out of the car and go to the customer site.
    Here is something i made that i like as i can control the amount that i want to use and not squeeze a tube and waste the rest that i did not use.
    The cover and neck is from a coke cola plastic bottle. I hot glued the neck to a cover from a large water bottle. This will never break. I looked to buy something like this and could not find any. I have two 500ml tub of grease which i put into these. Keeps my grease from getting contaminated and keeps the bigger tubs clean.
    I bought some small ones that ladies put their cosmetics in, but it fell and cracked. this one life time for free.

See and comment as you like.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

image3.JPG

Ferric chloride.
    It stops bleeding in its tracks.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    what's in the tech bag

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    image3.JPG

Ferric chloride.
    It stops bleeding in its tracks.
    Why would I want that? It's good luck to bleed on the machine. It pleases the copier gods to accept the blood sacrifice. Every machine works better once you've bled on it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ridds View Post
    Would love to know a quality screw driver out there,one that has attachments for the majority of screw heads.
    I think your question was not answered here, so i will attempt to do so. I am not sure what type of screw driver you are after. a battery powered cordless or a manual hand driven. I am going to say that is the hand driven type. What is good for me may not be your liking. I would say go to the stores and handle the tool that attract your eyes and play with it for a good 10 minute or so. Dewalt has a socket bit driver that i like but never used and it is cheap at 20 dollars here in home depot canada. You can buy a bit set separately form dewalt also, they make good stuff. aslo what type of bits are you after, the small 1 inch type or others.
    Are you going to use it for copier repair or general use.

I personally have a snap on rachet driver that i got when i started at this company 11 yrs ago. it is good but do not like the end where it is flared to accomdate the bit. When you are getting into tight places it is useless and sometimes the bit stays with the part rather than the driver. but this is a lifetime tool, well built.
    I Like to use rounded shaft screwdrivers and not the six sided type as it goes in and out smoothly and also when turning it is smooth on the fingers.
    here is a pic of the snap on screw bit driver and a smaller driver i had gotten years ago when i did laptop repairs. It is from compaq
    P.S If you are after socket type screw driver, then shop around for the older used type and just buy the bits.
    Attached Files Attached Files

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    what's in the tech bag

THAT screw driver is a classic, me old man had one as well from the MBI days. I used to stare at it when i was younger because it was so different.

Klein Tools 7 in. Phillips Screwdriver-603-7 - The Home Depot, i use this when the Ryobi is down. Used to work under a telco contractor so most of the tools were Klein. Just happen to stumble across this in Homedepot up here in Canadia. It found a good home.

I used to be grease crazy. Started with white lithium, then i found novagard Novagard G662 General Purpose Silicone Grease-Like Compound, NSF 61 Certified, 5.3 oz Tube: Industrial Lubricants: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific.

But since Amazon shopping is a hassle now from Canadia(1 day shipping aint cheap on some small items), i just use this Labelle 106 1/2 fl. oz. Multi-Purpose Grease with PTFE (plastic compatible) | ModelTrainStuff.com
    . NOT for fuser, but its safe on plastic. But all the new machines are somewhat lubed from the factory, it stays in the bag.

there is also a collection of screws....that... i... didnt.....or....forgot..... its good for backups.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

I had my bag stolen from the van about 10 years ago. I still haven't gotten back to where I was then. 20 years of collecting including a beautiful set of german spring hook and a Fluke 77 multi. All down the drain, and probably for the price of a hit. Crescent make good drivers. I try to replace them regularly as they all get blunt fairly quickly.