Done

Re: Done

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtillton View Post
    The weather and our hate for Rioch.
    Women, whiskey...........

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Pretty sure I'm NEVER going to retire, cause my finances are FUBAR.

I am pretty sure that when I retire I will be able to live very comfortable for the rest of my life. Of course if I live longer than 3 months, I don't know what I will do.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Done

Hi everybody, just checking in! Looks like not much has changed around here, still a bunch of grumpy old nut drivers and Debs, eh? Doing my 3 days a week, in shop, preflighting new machines - easy money, knees happy. Pecking away at to-do list around the house, and an occasional stogie in the shade. I highly recommend semi-retirement, I have been wined and dined by my wife and my shooting buddies, given a nice box of stogies by my son-in-law, and a nice bottle of Highland Park 12 y.o. scotch (which is EXCELLENT) by one of the salesmen (!!!!! I know, right??????!!!!!). I can't wait to see what REAL retirement looks like! LOL. Good luck to all. Chris

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KapeKopyTek View Post
    Hi everybody, just checking in! Looks like not much has changed around here, still a bunch of grumpy old nut drivers and Debs, eh? Doing my 3 days a week, in shop, preflighting new machines - easy money, knees happy. Pecking away at to-do list around the house, and an occasional stogie in the shade. I highly recommend semi-retirement, I have been wined and dined by my wife and my shooting buddies, given a nice box of stogies by my son-in-law, and a nice bottle of Highland Park 12 y.o. scotch (which is EXCELLENT) by one of the salesmen (!!!!! I know, right??????!!!!!). I can't wait to see what REAL retirement looks like! LOL. Good luck to all. Chris
    I've only just seen this thread, that's what happens when I don't visit for a while. I hope you're enjoying semi-retirement, you lucky sod. I think I have another 17 years to go, but the goal post will probably have changed again by then, when I started working retirement age for women in the UK was 60, I think for us 50 year olds it's now at 67, but if I was even younger then the retirement age is even older than 67. I won't have any knees left by then.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I've only just seen this thread, that's what happens when I don't visit for a while. I hope you're enjoying semi-retirement, you lucky sod. I think I have another 17 years to go, but the goal post will probably have changed again by then, when I started working retirement age for women in the UK was 60, I think for us 50 year olds it's now at 67, but if I was even younger then the retirement age is even older than 67. I won't have any knees left by then.
    I feel for you and your knees Debs, it stinks when you have to base major life milestones, like retirement, on someone or something else. In a perfect world, or a really, really lucky world, you get to make those choices yourself. I guess I had a little bit of luck. If not for that luck, I'd have left this career for something else - was not looking forward to that prospect, but the knees just couldn't bear the load any more and it was affecting my work. But I was prepared to be low man on the pole again for the sake of my knees. Have you no other career options than as a field tech? How about management (yes, I went there), might be easier on the knees but your head might explode...... Hope things work out for ALL you boney, arthritic, shredded cartilage kneed techs out there!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KapeKopyTek View Post
    I feel for you and your knees Debs, it stinks when you have to base major life milestones, like retirement, on someone or something else. In a perfect world, or a really, really lucky world, you get to make those choices yourself. I guess I had a little bit of luck. If not for that luck, I'd have left this career for something else - was not looking forward to that prospect, but the knees just couldn't bear the load any more and it was affecting my work. But I was prepared to be low man on the pole again for the sake of my knees. Have you no other career options than as a field tech? How about management (yes, I went there), might be easier on the knees but your head might explode...... Hope things work out for ALL you boney, arthritic, shredded cartilage kneed techs out there!
    I think I've been doing this job for too long to change now, you know what they say...better the devil you know. I really don't think I'm cut out for management, and, most of the time, I still enjoy the job, it just takes significantly longer to get back up from the floor now, but I think that's age as much as knees
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Congratulations. I'm looking forward to that myself. =^..^=
    x2!!!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins