Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promotion

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: Promotion

I can't imagine supervising. I've seen techs that literally needed to be mommied. Supervisors had to tell them really obvious things, like "wear deodorant".

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I can't imagine supervising. I've seen techs that literally needed to be mommied. Supervisors had to tell them really obvious things, like "wear deodorant".

Problems like that are across society. I knew a Sargent major who said he was nothing more than a baby sitter for 300 grown men. One of the funniest things I overheard was at one of the training centers, a female drill instructor instructing her female students on how to properly wipe because she was "tired of smelling your stinking asses". Ask someone who sells homes for a living just how discusting people will leave their homes, and show them for sale.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Here we go again. Now I'm being promoted to Field Service Manager. One of the managers I was supervising under is taking on new duties overseeing a large account with a small dedicated team of its own and I get his old area and team.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    Here we go again. Now I'm being promoted to Field Service Manager. One of the managers I was supervising under is taking on new duties overseeing a large account with a small dedicated team of its own and I get his old area and team.
    Not everyone can lead and good leaders are in demand. You are chosen. look to who you admire as a leader and pull up your bootstrap. just do what you do and make sure the pay is associated with the move.

congratulations on your promo.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke