Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Location , location, location.

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I actually got my truck buried going to a call. This part of the state is called the sand hills for good reason. A unit from Germany was over to do a live fire artillery exercise. They had rented a machine from us and called a work order in. The poc gave me directions that took me through those dirt roads right through the middle of the ranges. After 20 minutes of driving roads made for tanks and Hummers, I rounded a corner and hit a sand bar and buried my truck. Got out and walked about a mile or so til I saw some troops in a Hummer and flagged them down. They pulled me out. When I got to the camp, it was 50 feet from the paved road that circumvents the ranges. I am pointing to the pavement and looking at the poc like WTF? He shrugged and said he had no idea where that road went, as they had been using the trails all week.
    Um, I'm not sure I should have liked this, because it sounds like that sucked a lot, and in my case I was able to rock the deuce out of the sand then (although my codriver said I almost tipped the 60K over). Too late now, sorry.
    The only time I've ever buried my work vehicle was in the snow after after finishing working on a machine at a rail yard. The snow filled up the tracks I made coming in to the place, and like a dummy I missed the road when I was leaving. That wasn't too bad though, they let me borrow a snow shovel to dig out the minivan I was driving at the time so I could get a good run back to the road, and a couple of guys gave the van a push to get the drive axle off the snow that was packed underneath it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Location , location, location.

I believe 'fix the copier' is now hardened by those 'dangerous ' assignments, considering the nature of his customers.