Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Re: The Technicians Secret Language

the best phrase I ever heard was from a sales person used equipment, when he told the buyer, this machine do not have to spend anything, have all spent, lol

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I must have it too. It's the "Fuck with me at your own peril" look. Dr. Asshole never says a word. He may seethe quietly. That's fine with me.
    =^..^=
    lol, I used to work for the big R. and would travel to another city out of my territory to help out the other techs. I went to one with another tech (he is about 6'4" and black, big man). he told me the customer always yelled and talked about how bad the equipment was..you know the story, well I let him go in first...and yep, she started ranting...I walked up behind him and she shut up and was as nice as she could be to me....he told me its because I'm white....lol

Quote Originally Posted by LNorris View Post
    lol, I used to work for the big R. and would travel to another city out of my territory to help out the other techs. I went to one with another tech (he is about 6'4" and black, big man). he told me the customer always yelled and talked about how bad the equipment was..you know the story, well I let him go in first...and yep, she started ranting...I walked up behind him and she shut up and was as nice as she could be to me....he told me its because I'm white....lol
    Wow.....just wow.....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    I've added one in the past. When talking to other techs in the office concerning really dumb customers I refer to the customers as a Deborah's. Or Dumb As a Box Of Rocks And Hammers.
    I think I should be offended by this acronym LOL
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    The Technicians Secret Language

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Maybe you should ... but you won't. I'll bet you have a very long fuse before getting angry (if ever). =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Maybe you should ... but you won't. I'll bet you have a very long fuse before getting angry (if ever). =^..^=
    Oh, I do get angry, but, for a redhead, I am exceptionally mild mannered
    And you're right, I wasn't offended
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Unhappy Re: The Technicians Secret Language

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    So, what about pet names for customers. If I say I am going to see Dr. Asshole, everyone knows where I am going. He is rude to the girls when he calls in, and he yelled and ranted at the last tech they sent, so I went this time. Had his machine down for a few hours and he didn't say one word to me. One of the receptionist said it is because I have "that look". I was hurt. I always thought I looked like a sweetheart.
    I think it's because you have the intimidating look "i know what im doing and don't accept nonsense" i come across with "young and have no idea what im doing" what most people forget is the fact we are also people and if they get to know us they will discover we tend to be nice people, most don't have second thoughts about what we might look like and assume whom we are on our looks alone.

Gar the pilot

NTF @ TOS,..no trouble found at time of service. RUUS,..rounded up usual suspects ( often used with NTF @ TOS ) I like Debs1964 reply,..Ya she's cool and a tech! CND,.. could not duplacate. WRWP,..will return with part. Repair connection = plug in connector ( hopefully it was the other Tech's fault ) Reset paper drawer= put paper in correctly and remove the bunched, bent stuff the client put in wrong. Remove Hide-out Jam,..for when its a charge call and the boss would blow a gasket if he knew it cost $94.50 to get a paper out that they should have seen and removed themselfs. Reset & Reinstall for any group of sins against copiers done by Picnic's or Deborah's FIGF after a long day "Fxxk It, Going Flying"
    Have a good day all
    Gar the Pilot

Will fix copiers for avgas

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I wouldn't be offened Deb's

The acronym is D.A.A.B.O.R.A.H. if it's kept in context. ...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Newsed--for the damn Newly Used MFP's that the sales folk buy for us to refurbish & resell!...Who knows what's wrong with the damn NEWSED machine?!....hell if I should know!

PS--oh sh!t...now I know!....the finisher firmware number doesn't match up with the newer MFP!....or the fax board doesn't have the correct MBU installed on it for that model of MFP!....DAMNIT!