Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

mp7000 finisher issue

I have a mp7000 finisher issue, it shoots out a crooked paper every so often, say every 30-50 one comes out cockeyed
    I seems to shoot out farther than the one before then it doesnt fall in the stack n time and the next paper is out already causing skewing in the stacking.
    anybody have an idea what causes this?
    Could it be the little foam tires in between the output sensor?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: mp7000 finisher issue

I've seen those foam rollers cause all kinds of issues so that would be a good place to start.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    mp7000 finisher issue

If those gathering rollers don't have a tread pattern to them, then their worn out.....................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

there is a series of white rollers going down to the stapler unit, check to see if the springs are missing. there are two springs to each roller, if one is missing, it causes pressure on one side and the other side slips thru.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Actually, for exactly one time I found it actually kind of fascinating to see what happens when those foam rollers fail. As the rollers are too worn to push every piece of paper out into the tray, every so often a sheet of paper will lay on top of the rollers, and will only get fully ejected when the next piece of paper pushes it out. That causes all sorts of stack misalignment.
    Any more it just bugs me though.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    I've seen those foam rollers cause all kinds of issues so that would be a good place to start.
    agree with u

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

ok , let me be a little clearer
    It happens on the way out, it gets fully ejected , but seems to go to far out, it doesnt get crooked at the begining of the exit to the tray it gets pushed out to far and seems to catch on the paper beneath it, and the foam rollers on the outside on top of the shift tray cant seem to pull it back in stack position causing eratic stacking, Does this make better sense of the problem?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp7000 finisher issue

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    It happens on the way out, it gets fully ejected , but seems to go to far out, it doesnt get crooked at the begining of the exit to the tray it gets pushed out to far and seems to catch on the paper beneath it, and the foam rollers on the outside on top of the shift tray cant seem to pull it back in stack position causing eratic stacking, Does this make better sense of the problem?
    Replace the foam rollers!!! You also might want to check the static discharge brush above the exit rollers.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    I don't know how much this will help, but I've seen the metal piece that the finisher tray attaches to get bent down. That caused the paper to move around more.
    Oh, and I've seen once where the drive for those foam rollers came apart so they didn't move up and down correctly. Let's hope that's not the case, it took me forever to figure out, and at least on the finisher I was working on there were a lot of parts that had to be removed to get to that.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The little foam rollers is notorious for getting worn out, and making messy stacking, I replace them when I see no groves in the foam.