Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Ftp scan using filezilla server (mp cw2200sp)

Guys, I am having a problem configuring FTP scan in this model.

SITUATION.

2 machines: MP C2003sp(IP address:10.20.5.24x) and MP CW2200SP(IP address:10.20.5.2x)

one desktop (IP address:10.20.11.5x)

The two machines are connected to the network. The desktop has an access to these two machines. FTP scan is already configured in MP C2003sp and it is working fine. I am the one who did the configuration for MP C2003sp.

I did the same procedure in MP CW2200sp but it is not working. So I start again from the scratch and create new user. I thought the previous setup is conflicting with the new setup of FTP scanning in MP CW2200SP. But still I got the same problem. Any ideas? Do you think we need to update the firmware?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ftp scan using filezilla server (mp cw2200sp)

Firmware? Very doubtful
    I've not worked on either of these machines, but once Filezilla is configured on a PC for one machine, then all that's required to connect (virtually as many more machines as you want), is to open the WIM and enter the previously setup Username/password in 'folder Authentication', The server name (Server/PC IP address), Path (if any), change protocol to FTP, and make sure port is 21.
    There is no reason at all in my opinion, that 1 machine would conflict with the other.
    If it's not working, then probably a firewall is blocking the IP address of the other machine.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Firmware? Very doubtful
    I've not worked on either of these machines, but once Filezilla is configured on a PC for one machine, then all that's required to connect (virtually as many more machines as you want), is to open the WIM and enter the previously setup Username/password in 'folder Authentication', The server name (Server/PC IP address), Path (if any), change protocol to FTP, and make sure port is 21.
    There is no reason at all in my opinion, that 1 machine would conflict with the other.
    If it's not working, then probably a firewall is blocking the IP address of the other machine.
    frimwar updates are usually a good thing anyway, But FIrewall or Authentication most likely , check the PC's firewall and any network security systems also..................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    frimwar updates are usually a good thing anyway, But FIrewall or Authentication most likely , check the PC's firewall and any network security systems also..................
    When I configured FTP Scan in MP C2003sp, i did not change the sharing properties but scanning is working. I used the same folder and the same user for FTP scan configuration in MP CW2200sp but it is not working. The antivirus and the firewall setting are already disabled but still not working. I have read one of firmware release note which states,

<Symptom correct>

• When NBT is "OFF", Browse list is not shown if touch the Browse Network button on destination folder of Scan to folder.
    • Cannot scan to shared folders in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
    • Cannot scan to shared folders in Mac OS X 10.7 or Mac OS X 10.8.

This firmware is dependent on the following firmware modules.
    Please be sure to update all of them:
    System/Copy firmware v1.01 or later

I am not sure if the shared folder discussed above is also related to FTP shared folder.

Is there OS(Operating System) compatibility issue in FTP scan using Filezilla server? In SMB scanning, there is compatibility issue with regards to OS used by the user.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    I am not sure if the shared folder discussed above is also related to FTP shared folder.
    No. That's for SMB.
    FTP scanning is non-firmware dependent in any situation I've run across, which is how I'm able to setup Scan to FTP even with oldies like Aficio 2027's, etc. on Windows 8.
    You must be missing a setting somewhere.
    Have you tried a direct connection to your own laptop to try to isolate the problem?

No. That's for SMB.
    FTP scanning is non-firmware dependent in any situation I've run across, which is how I'm able to setup Scan to FTP even with oldies like Aficio 2027's, etc. on Windows 8.
    You must be missing a setting somewhere.
    Have you tried a direct connection to your own laptop to try to isolate the problem?
    I am trying to configure the FTP scanning by remote connection.Non-Muslims are not allowed to go to the customer location that is why I am just doing it through Ammyadmin/Teamviewer.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Non-Muslims are not allowed to go to the customer location
    Good Lord, that's just friggin stupid. Not an account we would service due to obvious prejudice-based restrictions
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

If we made a muslim fee zone, we would be sued for racism, for sure... odd how that word mostly is a one way phenomena...

Firmware? Very doubtful
    Today, I tried to configure FTP scan to MP C2800 and I faced the same problem. Scanning was not working and it showed only processing. The computer has Mcafee Anti-Virus. I was not able to disable the anti-virus because it needs administrator privileges. I created the FTP folder in the desktop (Windows 8) and when I checked it, sharing is automatically configured. My question is, Do you think the Antivirus is blocking the FTP Scan? How can we exclude or allow the connection of IP address in the firewall settings. Which setting in the firewall I have to exclude the IP address and the subnet mask

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Today, I tried to configure FTP scan to MP C2800 and I faced the same problem. Scanning was not working and it showed only processing. The computer has Mcafee Anti-Virus. I was not able to disable the anti-virus because it needs administrator privileges. I created the FTP folder in the desktop (Windows 8) and when I checked it, sharing is automatically configured. My question is, Do you think the Antivirus is blocking the FTP Scan? How can we exclude or allow the connection of IP address in the firewall settings. Which setting in the firewall I have to exclude the IP address and the subnet mask
    You will need the administrator name and password set up when McAfee was first installed. Temporarily disabling McAfee usually can be done without a password. It will automatically enabler itself after a few minutes but does allow you to test with it disabled. If you can send with McAfee firewall disabled, enter the administrative mode of McAfee and check the log of what has been blocked. Often you can identify the last blocked transaction, select it and check for it to be allowed in the future. Instruct the user that when McAfee puts an error message on the screen to read the message before they automatically click to block. I have had problems with this on TCP/IP printing with McAfee. If they click the wrong thing, it blocks all network printing on that computer. Usually happens right after McAfee has been installed.