Ricoh MP5000 Tray 1 Jamming

This is kind of strange. Tray 1 feeds the 1st paper out and copies fine. The issue is it partially feeds out the next page. If you try to make multiple copies it jams as it seems to be overfeeding the paper.

I have changed all the rollers, separation clutch, electo mag feed clutch. I then also changed the entire feed unit. Same problem.

All other cassettes feed perfectly.

Its like the feed clutch stays on too long but I have swapped it out with 2 other working ones.

Any ideas?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP5000 Tray 1 Jamming

When you say you swapped out the feed unit, did you put a new one or a unit from another machine? Unless it was new you need to clean all the one ways on the feed unit. I find it easier to take the duplex unit off the machine, that way you can get to both feed units and not break the feed guides. Remove the feed roller and the shaft. You will see three shiny spots on the shaft that need to be roughed up (fine file or piece of sandpaper). LIGHTLY oil all bras bushings and put it back together. It will be super quite again and will stop double feed/short feed/no feeds.

Glorified Parts Swapper 100+ Posts ptrflrs's Avatar

Sounds like it might could be clutch staying on causing stream feeding. Check the clutch signal to a working tray with same paper size/weight then compare to bad one. If clutch is staying on look for a pinched wire, loose harness, and I believe that the bicu board controls this so it could be worth to swap test this board.
    jesus loves you! (everyone else thinks you're an assh*le)
    street cred: CompTIA A+ & Network+ Certified; Konica Minolta Gold Seal x2,
    Konica Minolta Outward ASSociate, Ricoh, Sharp, Lexmark trained

copierman 250+ Posts
    Ricoh MP5000 Tray 1 Jamming

I have had a similar issue where the next sheet is partially fed out. I know you have changed the feed unit but I would check the sensor that is just above where the lead edge of the paper sits. This detects when the paper has left the tray. If it's not working correctly it will do as you have described. Worth a try.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Sorry , I did forget to mention I did replace all rollers, sep clutch and resurface the shaft on both feed units. The replacement feed unit came from a working machine as well.

It is kind of strange, its like the feed clutch stays on just a little too long.

service engineer shamnad abdullah's Avatar

The pick up solenoid on and off timing depends on trailing edge detection by the paper feed sensor.I thing paper feed sensor of your machine causing this problem.This sensor also controls the paper feed clutch on&off timing.you can check the sensor in service mode as follows
    service mode--->copier--->5803(input check)--->013(paper feed sensor)
    try to block the sensor manually and check whether the value changing or not.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Is the dust collector still on the registration roller, if that's missing it causes jamming from tray 1 predominantly
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

OK, got it sorted out.

It was the paper feed sensor not activating. But it wasn't the sensor itself, as that was changed when I swapped the entire feed unit.

It was the connector from the feed unit to wiring harness. Perhaps a pinched wire or oxidized connector.

Thanks.