C 751 Can it be run without the controller?

Just had a Ricoh c751 come in. I do not know this model. Transport company took rear panels off to remove machine from office and noted tech took the controller. I will commit to manuals and learning if it can run stand alone or sell as is. Machine is currently DOA. Prefer to evaluate running condition. Reinstalled rear panels and connectors, and went as far as to confirm power to power supply with no output to power up machine. Before proceeding it would be a great help to know a little more. Thanks in advance!!!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: C 751 Can it be run without the controller?

In a word....."No"

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Are you missing the controller that mounts to the back of the machine, or the Fiery controller?????????
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Are you missing the controller that mounts to the back of the machine, or the Fiery controller?????????
    The controller on the back was removed by the, shall we say movers and I reinstalled it today. I don't think I missed any thing, but after 35 years I will never say never. The Fiery controller is missing. Can it run without the Fiery. I have worked on machines that it requires service modes and some cannot be done at all without the Fiery. I would like to know can I do it with this model? Thank you for the reply.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gartech View Post
    The controller on the back was removed by the, shall we say movers and I reinstalled it today. I don't think I missed any thing, but after 35 years I will never say never. The Fiery controller is missing. Can it run without the Fiery. I have worked on machines that it requires service modes and some cannot be done at all without the Fiery. I would like to know can I do it with this model? Thank you for the reply.
    MP C6001 could run without Fiery, I have one of those running, but you need a Printer/scanner SD card and disable external control in service mode 5.193 set to "0", maybe you can run internal prints like config pages without a SD card.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Assuming it's the "EX" version with the scanner and document feeder, it'll boot up and work as a copier without the Fiery, you can enter SP modes via the usual way. If it's just the proc651 printer, then you're kind of kippered without the Fiery, it'll just sit at "Please Wait" forever till it talks to the controller.

However as it's from the "pro" line, you will not be able to print to it without a compatible Fiery controller. These machines do not have an option for GW printing.