Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Youth Club going from Mono to Ricoh 3232C but fading print on bottom of page.

Hello, I have managed to keep our old Mono copier going to produce newsletters etc. I have seen this Ricoh 3232C for sale but copies in colour fade towards the bottom or the lower part of the page. I was hoping it is a case of low toner. The owner is unable to tell me what toner levels are so I can pick it up for my 200 mile journey cost. I am reasonably competent in carrying out your instructions and advice.
    If it isa lost cause I do not want to spend a day picking up a scrap unit.
    Apologies to you professionals but we could not afford for you to do your magic. Apologies if I am being an old fool!
    Cheers, John.

Re: Youth Club going from Mono to Ricoh 3232C but fading print on bottom of page.

?????????

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Youth Club going from Mono to Ricoh 3232C but fading print on bottom of page.

This is a copier, not a consumer printer so low toner isn't going to affect the overall colour like it would in a little HP printer. The 3232 is a very old model at this point, and has no customer serviceable parts so unless you're putting a contract on it time and materials costs are going to be quite high when something goes wrong with it. Overall it sounds like the machine is in need of maintenance and the seller doesn't want to pay the costs for it and is looking to offload it.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

For lack of a better term, avoid it like the plague. Keep an eye out for a used MPC4000 instead.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Youth Club going from Mono to Ricoh 3232C but fading print on bottom of page.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    For lack of a better term, avoid it like the plague. Keep an eye out for a used MPC4000 instead.

Question: What's worth more, A 10 year old color copier OR the 10 year old box it came in?
    Answer: The Box, at least your kid can turn it into a space ship or something cool like that.

BTW, Low toner hasn't caused light/faded copies since 1988, faded copies means you'll need to pay non-faded money to fix it. Save yourself the gas money and pass on this machine.

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    This is a copier, not a consumer printer so low toner isn't going to affect the overall colour like it would in a little HP printer. The 3232 is a very old model at this point, and has no customer serviceable parts so unless you're putting a contract on it time and materials costs are going to be quite high when something goes wrong with it. Overall it sounds like the machine is in need of maintenance and the seller doesn't want to pay the costs for it and is looking to offload it.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I shall leave it where it is. John.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Thanks, to all for your replies. I will keep a look out for the MP4000 as suggested. John.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHuson View Post
    Thanks, to all for your replies. I will keep a look out for the MP4000 as suggested. John.
    You'll want to look for an MP C4000, the MP 4000 is a black and white machine that is known for being quite cranky. The C4000 is a good machine though.

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    You'll want to look for an MP C4000, the MP 4000 is a black and white machine that is known for being quite cranky. The C4000 is a good machine though.
    Yes I will do that. Thanks but in the meantime while I look an MPC2000 has become available more locally. Are they OK?

If the price is right, service it and it could pay off. Cost of the parts is expensive and normal double the selling price.

Get a manual. And look at the PM schedule for the machine and compare that to the readings on the machine.

It is kind of an old machine. So keep shopping.