Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Not printing using windows 7 (mp 3350b)

Guys, I have a printing problem in MP 3350B.There are two computers in the customer's place, Windows 7 and Windows Xp. The machine is printing when Windows XP is used but not in Windows 7. I can see the WIM of the machine using Windows 7. I downloaded the driver (Windows 7 64-bit)in Ricoh website, updated the firmware of the machine, restarted the computer but still the machine is not printing. The machine has no harddisk and no scanning option. I also cleaned the DIMM. I am just wondering why FILE TRANSFER is not showing in the User tools. . When I print and check the printing properties, it shows 0 document queue which means the print job is completed. I removed the network cable and ping the machine and it shows REQUEST TIME OUT which means no other device is using the IP address. Do you think there is a problem in RPCS java card or in the controller or the computer itself?

Re: Not printing using windows 7 (mp 3350b)

do you have a laptop with win7 on?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    do you have a laptop with win7 on?
    No, I don't. I have to go there again with the laptop to isolate the problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Which driver did you download and install?

The MP 3350 was a basic model, no printing, no scanning. You said it had a RPCS SD card installed. That indicates that the RPCS printer was added. It only works with the RPCS driver.

As for the File Transfer tab in System Settings, that is for scanning and the machine apparantly does not have scanning installed. If you want to add PCL printing, you will need the Printer Enhance Unit EDP 414114 which is a SD card with the printer option and a HDD. Once you have PCL printing installed you can add scanning with Scanner Enhance Unit EDP 414117. You can also remove the RPCS SD card and get the Printer Scanner Unit EDP 414401.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Which driver did you download and install?

The MP 3350 was a basic model, no printing, no scanning. You said it had a RPCS SD card installed. That indicates that the RPCS printer was added. It only works with the RPCS driver.

As for the File Transfer tab in System Settings, that is for scanning and the machine apparantly does not have scanning installed. If you want to add PCL printing, you will need the Printer Enhance Unit EDP 414114 which is a SD card with the printer option and a HDD. Once you have PCL printing installed you can add scanning with Scanner Enhance Unit EDP 414117. You can also remove the RPCS SD card and get the Printer Scanner Unit EDP 414401.
    I did not check the driver installed in other PC (Windows XP) why it is able to print in that machine. Maybe you are right that I have to install RPCS driver in order to print. If I already install the RPCS driver and stilll it does not print, what else is the problem??

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    I did not check the driver installed in other PC (Windows XP) why it is able to print in that machine. Maybe you are right that I have to install RPCS driver in order to print. If I already install the RPCS driver and stilll it does not print, what else is the problem??
    The XP was probably installed from the disk that came with the RPCS option and therefore only had RPCS. The other possibility is that user authentication is turned on for the print function. If a print job arrives with no user code, the data light flashes while the job is being received and then nothing prints. The 3350 just dumps the data.

Be sure to install both the PCL and RPCS drivers on your laptop so you can test with both.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The XP was probably installed from the disk that came with the RPCS option and therefore only had RPCS. The other possibility is that user authentication is turned on for the print function. If a print job arrives with no user code, the data light flashes while the job is being received and then nothing prints. The 3350 just dumps the data.

Be sure to install both the PCL and RPCS drivers on your laptop so you can test with both.
    There is no user code authentication in the machine. Thanks. I am going to try it again with our own laptop.