Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh C5503 PQ Issues

Hello Folks!

Can you diagnose this problem?

Attached is a PQ sample from the unit. You will notice the terrible banding vertically which apparently has no resolution with this printer.

Most notable though, width wise you will notice these ugly lines where there is almost less paper. It gives the whole printed page an almost bubbly look with white lines though it.

This is printed on Blazer Gloss 80lb Cover, and no matter the print setting the result is the same. This problem developed after a run of about 30,000 impressions.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Technician

Re: Ricoh C5503 PQ Issues

The file attachment would help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

The pessimist in me is saying why are you doing coverage this heavy on a low-end office MFP?

Anyway, what is the life on the consumable items, i.e. drums, PCU's, fusing sleeve etc.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician

They all have approximately 75% life remaining.

Recently K PCU and K + M DEV was replaced.

Unit has approx 87000 impressions, 51,000 of that colour.

AFAIK pressure roller was also replaced recently.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh C5503 PQ Issues

I have to agree with TonerMunkeh. This machine is being forced to do what it was never intended to do. If your example is what they do frequently, then they are drastically exceeding the maximum recommended coverage ratio. Also if 51K out out of 87K are color then the color to black and white ratio is far too high. Target color ratio for this model is 30%, that would be 29K. This machine is nearly double that. My guess is that you are also seeing a rather high color toner usage. My recommendation is that they get a Production color machine or that you start replacing PCDUs, ITB and Fusing long before they get any where near 100%.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quality looks normal to me - it's a pretty difficult image, you'll probably see some banding with production printing as well.

Your customer should also try and pick a different paper. Color laser certified or not: these glossy/coated fancy papers aren't always the best pick. Try and compare the results with usual "color laser copy paper".