Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Ricoh 3045 Printing Continuous When Network Cable Attached

Quote Originally Posted by zionhealth View Post
    We've had a Ricoh 3045 in our office for years, and for years it has worked great as a copier and as a network printer. Recently, something changed and it started printing pages that are blank or have gibberish like.....Remote1T0, @EJL 1284.4.

If we unplug the network cable, and turn the machine off and on again, it will work fine as a copier. As soon as we plug the network cable in again, the green "communicating" light on the panel starts to flash, and a few seconds later it switches modes from copier to printer, and start spitting out continuous pages until we remove the paper or it jams. The light on the printer button is red.

We though maybe one of the stations on our network had something stuck in the print queue which is causing this, but we tried turning off many (not all) of the stations, and the problem persists. After everyone leaves tonight, we're going to try turning off all the stations and see if the problem still persists.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on? or suggestions that we can try? it would be greatly appreciated.

FYI. We tried holding down the two buttons to reset the copier, but that didn't help, we even cleared all the queues in the system panel.

Also, the copier firmware is 1.39 i believe. Is this user updatetable? is there a later version?
    Hi there.....

Reload the driver you are already using...

Thanks...

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 3045 Printing Continuous When Network Cable Attached

Quote Originally Posted by zionhealth View Post
    Thanks for everyone's responses. I changed the IP on the Copier from 192.168.0.110 to 192.168.0.205, and we haven't had any more random copies. Looks like the problem may be resolved.

I'm still a little confused about the firmware. A couple people suggest upgrading the firmware, but I can't find it on the RIcoh website.
    Since this is a technical forum, we get a little used to everyone having been factory, or at least field, trained on the machines here. Firmware for Ricoh copiers are available only to authorised service providers and are not user installable.

As for the overall issue, it definitely sounds like you had a rogue print job from a corrupted driver or application. Overall, the best method for tracking these down is to use a print server of some kind so that individual workstations aren't printing to the device. At least with a single print queue you're able to better determine who the user of a specific job is in order to check their workstation or to cancel the job from the server. Even a workstation with a shared printer connection could be used as a server in this instance since all you're looking for is the ability to manage what's going to the MFP from a single point as opposed to the wild west of individual connections. My rule of thumb for my customers is always that if you'll have more than ten people printing to a device, it may be time to look at a print server.