Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ltpruitt

Auto Calibration - Shut it OFF How ?

Hello,

First time post.

I have worked with the Ricoh 430 for the past 4-5 years using a special toner developed in
    Germany for Ceramic Decal. The printer works perfectly however with this special process
    the printer does a very inconsistent job when it auto calibrates.
    I have created a special color profile and print a control image at the beginning of each session to make sure everything
    has stayed consistent color wise.

So the problem is when every the printer decides to do its auto calibration it throws off my profile.
    I create a new profile which takes 3 days due to the fact I have to fire the results in a kiln before reading the colors.
    It stays good for a good little bit then auto calibrate kicks in.

So long story short - I would like to know how to shut off the Auto Calibrate function ?

Thanks in Advance for your help,

Lee Pruitt

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Auto Calibration - Shut it OFF How ?

Re: Auto Calibration - Shut it OFF How ?

Quote Originally Posted by ltpruitt View Post
    Hello,

First time post.

I have worked with the Ricoh 430 for the past 4-5 years using a special toner developed in
    Germany for Ceramic Decal. The printer works perfectly however with this special process
    the printer does a very inconsistent job when it auto calibrates.
    I have created a special color profile and print a control image at the beginning of each session to make sure everything
    has stayed consistent color wise.

So the problem is when every the printer decides to do its auto calibration it throws off my profile.
    I create a new profile which takes 3 days due to the fact I have to fire the results in a kiln before reading the colors.
    It stays good for a good little bit then auto calibrate kicks in.

So long story short - I would like to know how to shut off the Auto Calibrate function ?

Thanks in Advance for your help,

Lee Pruitt
    The auto cal you speak of is actually Process Control, if you disable it your print quality should deteriorate faster. If you purchased this printer new there should have been a calibration sheet with the documentation you got. It would have color patches printed on it, with squares cut out on it. Then you would print a calibration page and adjust the CMYK values until the cal page matches the test page. Unfortunately you are using some non OEM form of toner that Ricoh will not support, nor would I. So what you get for output can be very inconsistent, at best. Best bet would be to find a user cal setting that works for you, by the calibration page.............
    Mystic Crystal Revelations