Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Lanier 528, quality when scanning

Re: Lanier 528, quality when scanning

Ricoh in the past has had some bad CCD's from the factory. I've replaced several of them. On the color boxes you get some really creative output. But when installing a new CCD there is a sheet that comes with it, that has some specific sp mode settings for that CCD that you enter. If you don't enter these you will not have the best output. If you have a doner CCD you can get these values out of the doner's sp data. Cheeck the replacement section of the manual for the exact sp's...................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Ricoh in the past has had some bad CCD's from the factory. I've replaced several of them. On the color boxes you get some really creative output. But when installing a new CCD there is a sheet that comes with it, that has some specific sp mode settings for that CCD that you enter. If you don't enter these you will not have the best output. If you have a doner CCD you can get these values out of the doner's sp data. Cheeck the replacement section of the manual for the exact sp's...................

I am flying blind on this one. The ccd's I took were out of parts machines that were already partly stripped.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I am flying blind on this one. The ccd's I took were out of parts machines that were already partly stripped.
    Bummer!!!!!, check them for a data sticker on the ccd itself, it's not likely but it would help. Do the donner machines still have the birth certificates??

Bummer!!!!!, check them for a data sticker on the ccd itself, it's not likely but it would help. Do the donner machines still have the birth certificates??

That would make it too easy. Just piles of junk that other techs have ravaged. If all else fails and I am back to the ccd, I will grab a working machine, print the reports and put a ccd in and adjust accordingly.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    That would make it too easy. Just piles of junk that other techs have ravaged. If all else fails and I am back to the ccd, I will grab a working machine, print the reports and put a ccd in and adjust accordingly.
    Do you print the Non Default when you are servicing a machine and if so do you file them with the service ticket? Just a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Do you print the Non Default when you are servicing a machine and if so do you file them with the service ticket? Just a possibility.

Nope, not part of the SOP at my shop. Should be, but not my decision. There are a lot of things we could do better, but the manager does not welcome suggestions from us. She feels she is doing a fine job all on her own. She has a unique style of managing. She has to be involved in everything, but is never responsible when things go wrong.An example would be this...

We have contracts with a two well known manufacturing outfits. They both require techs to be "certified" in the safety course they provide, background checks and drug test. Have to re-certify every 6 months. If you let it lapse, you have to do the drug test and background check again. Well nobody keeps up with it, and every 6 months the techs have a call and can't get in because they are expired. This doesn't concern me, as I am the only one who doesn't go to these places. In the past I had suggested putting up a chart with everyone and the things that have to be renewed, like the factory certs or vehicle inspections and license plates. I was told it was not necessary, as they have it handled.This past week it was a repeat of before, they had a call and all of the techs were expired. I know several times the boss has had to pay fines for trucks not getting inspected in time. Well I heard the manager telling the owner that the techs CHOSE to let their certs expire, as though they did it on purpose. I keep up with my own pass to get on base. When I am a few days away from expiring the solider checking it will let me know. I get a pass every 60 days. They do background checks on site and I can get my pass within 30 minutes. In the 16 years I have been there we have had 3 meetings and they all were just ass chewing us because someone took parts off of showroom machines.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I took a call a while ago on a Canon tabletop machine that was on demo. The salesman was waiting there for me, hoping he could still do his demo. The machine was dead-no power. When I pulled off the back cover to check the power supply, I discovered a problem: there was no power supply.

Apparently the salesman had just grabbed the nearest machine and didn't bother to fire it up. I gave him a little grin and asked if he had run any copies before loading it up. He gave me the blank look, like he was considering whether he could get away with lying about it, then said no he hadn't.

It was just hilarious to look in the back and see the rectangular empty spot where you might find a power supply, but did not. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Fix, a couple things come to mind. First if the copies are washed out, How do the scans look? both B/W and color........ next this machine uses an exposure lamp stabilizer that could cause similar issues as well as the SIO (scanner IO board). Do you get the same output through the adf as the glass?

Fix, a couple things come to mind. First if the copies are washed out, How do the scans look? both B/W and color........ next this machine uses an exposure lamp stabilizer that could cause similar issues as well as the SIO (scanner IO board). Do you get the same output through the adf as the glass?

The copies through adf and from glass are poor. Scans are the same. Here is a clue that I left out. This is a repeat call for me. I first got it a couple weeks ago. At that time, I was focused on the mirrors because the prints looked fine. The drum had gone the distance, so I finally rebuilt the pcu and it made a noticeable difference. Customer signed off on it so I closed the ticket. Then get the call back and it's nothing like it was. Prints are solid as a rock.

update...

Went back and tried adjustments once again. No improvement. The ccd that coded on me was put back into the machine it came out of, and it gave the same error code there.Was planning on ordering a new ccd, but first boss sees it as a sales opportunity, so when that falls through, I will update again.