Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    rain182

Exclamation RICOH 4001 / MAC OS X 10.9

Hi I was wondering if i can get some advice on a issue I'm experiencing.

I have a customer with a Mac running OSX 10.9 and a Ricoh 4001

I'm being led to believe this copier doesn't support SSL since i cant seem to find an option the within the smtp server under "file transfer".

It's entirely a home office with no real email structure, relying on free personal email accounts and thier ISP (Verizon) doesnt work either as it requires SSL.

So I'm thinking about folders and the best way method to set it up?

can i enable ftp somehow on this Mac? It's not a laptop, so its not going anywhere if have to set a static IP.

thoughts and directions on the best way to set this up? I'm not a Mac pro by any means but i know some basics.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    RICOH 4001 / MAC OS X 10.9

Re: RICOH 4001 / MAC OS X 10.9

You asked a lot of questions in a single post.

First, there are at least a couple of hundred threads relating to scan to email, folder, Mac OSx, etc.
    But, you are correct, it will not work with encryption.
    The Ricoh model # is almost irrelevant, because the setup is virtually identical for all of them.
    There are lots of workarounds, but the simplest, in my opinion, is registering for a free account at SMTP2GO - Worldwide SMTP Service
    Then you can use their (non-ssl) SMTP server with the email address you registered, and the password you created.

It's free for up to 20 uses per day, and CHEAP if you need more than that, and works flawlessly.
    I've used it often, for many of my smaller accounts under similar circumstances.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    RICOH 4001 / MAC OS X 10.9

Re: RICOH 4001 / MAC OS X 10.9

To use SMB scan to folder to OS X 10.7 or later with the MP 4001, you will need System/Copy Firmware 1.03 and Network Support firmware 7.38.