Mp2550 how to reset supervisor password

Hi, Can anybody help me how to reset supervisor password for mp2550. Thanks .

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Mp2550 how to reset supervisor password

If you indeed cannot log in with "supervisor" you have to replace the nvram. Sucks, but that's the deal.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hidekicho View Post
    Hi, Can anybody help me how to reset supervisor password for mp2550. Thanks .
    You're obviously only here for your own benefit, but at least have the courtesy to search the VAST database that so many others have donated their time to create!
    If you were paying attention at all you'd realize you are the 3rd thread in 3 days on this topic alone, and I estimate the 173rd time overall!

Quote Originally Posted by xxxsparkxxx View Post
    ?? button,xxxx press again and hold c ...................
    Posting Factory SP mode in a public forum!?? Not cool man!
    I know you're trying to earn some rep but this is NOT the way. I'd suggest deleting the post ASAP!
    You want to share that info in a PM with someone, go right ahead.

xxxsparkxxx

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Posting Factory SP mode in a public forum!?? Not cool man!
    I know you're trying to earn some rep but this is NOT the way. I'd suggest deleting the post ASAP!
    You want to share that info in a PM with someone, go right ahead.
    There you go then mate, just trying to help. what about others telling to buy parts when they don't need to is also wrong, and to be fair i learnt about that trick with google. didn't need anything special to find it. sorry for trying to help someone out.

There you go then mate, just trying to help. what about others telling to buy parts when they don't need to is also wrong, and to be fair i learnt about that trick with google. didn't need anything special to find it. sorry for trying to help someone out.
    Trust me, you're better off without that post on your very new profile.
    And "yes" just about everything is available if you're resourceful enough.
    'Yes" there are many others breaking the rules. Others have been torched here in the past for similar postings. This was not meant to be a personal attack on you. I just tried to advise you, that this was not something that the majority of the loyal contributers would appreciate seeing in plain sight.

I understand you're trying to help, but, there are probably more end users, and certainly a butt load of HACKS using this forum that 1: don't deserve the info, and 2: May very well BRICK their machine by having it.

Again, if you're so inclined, feel free to send the guy a PM, but keep in mind that this was also his very first post, even though he's been a member for the better part of a year. He may even be an end user. He's certainly not here to help others or participate in any way.

Info like that should definitely be reserved for those that contribute to the spirit of the forum, but shared in private.

Welcome to CTN! (sincerely).

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Ricoh has already changed the sequence to get into normal SP because too many civilians knew what it was. When too many people start using factory reset mode, they will eventually change it.