Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPC2003 - Patch sensor part

hi guys,

hoping for some help, not familiar with Richo, but have a MPC2003 throwing up an error code relating to the patch sensor window, does anyone have the part number for the patch sensor?

i have the parts catalogue but i cant find it anywhere...

tks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Talking Re: MPC2003 - Patch sensor part

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    hi guys,

hoping for some help, not familiar with Richo, but have a MPC2003 throwing up an error code relating to the patch sensor window, does anyone have the part number for the patch sensor?

i have the parts catalogue but i cant find it anywhere...

tks

No worries guys, found it now, Density sensor, different names threw me off track, found it though

Technician

Re: MPC2003 - Patch sensor part

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    No worries guys, found it now, Density sensor, different names threw me off track, found it though
    Were you getting an sc400? I've seen that the sensor was just dirty a couple times. From what other techs have told me (im relatively new) sensors do go bad but its not common. I've had sc400 before i've seen the guard? I don't know the name of it, the pastic piece that shields the sensor that slides up and down. I've seen that damaged before, and i've also fixed an sc400 with a new cleaning blade. I replaced a sensor and had the code come back and the sensor was dirty, so I replaced the cleaning blade and it hasn't come back since. Also how did you post so quickly? I just joined last night and posted a thread and it said I had to wait for approval before my post would show up. I was hoping to get some help on it for today but maybe it was deleted or still hasnt been approved. Does every new thread need approval or only your first post on the forums?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robertgst View Post
    Were you getting an sc400? I've seen that the sensor was just dirty a couple times. From what other techs have told me (im relatively new) sensors do go bad but its not common. I've had sc400 before i've seen the guard? I don't know the name of it, the pastic piece that shields the sensor that slides up and down. I've seen that damaged before, and i've also fixed an sc400 with a new cleaning blade. I replaced a sensor and had the code come back and the sensor was dirty, so I replaced the cleaning blade and it hasn't come back since. Also how did you post so quickly? I just joined last night and posted a thread and it said I had to wait for approval before my post would show up. I was hoping to get some help on it for today but maybe it was deleted or still hasnt been approved. Does every new thread need approval or only your first post on the forums?
    hi, the error i am getting is SC370-02, i looked up on error code list and was related to sensor connector missing/connection fault, TM (id) sensor detection window dirty. This issue is this machine is brand new, has only got 1300 copies on it and the error has come up 3 times and as you can appreciate the customer is not that happy. Was talking to a guy in Ricoh and he advised changing the density sensor? So ill give it a whirl.

Maybe you have to wait a while before your posts are viewed as you have just joined...i cant remember now, but im sure you will find this site very useful.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

We had a fairly new MPC3503 (similar model as you're not familiar with Ricoh) giving SC370-02, I replaced the ID sensors (SC370-02 relates to the middle sensor, but I replaced all 3), the fault came back the following day. The shutter over the density sensors is shaped to be wider in the centre, it appeared that it may not be moving sufficiently to uncover the middle sensor fully. We removed the shutter as a test and haven't been back in there since, so it's unlikely to be the sensor itself, more likely the movement of the shutter
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    We had a fairly new MPC3503 (similar model as you're not familiar with Ricoh) giving SC370-02, I replaced the ID sensors (SC370-02 relates to the middle sensor, but I replaced all 3), the fault came back the following day. The shutter over the density sensors is shaped to be wider in the centre, it appeared that it may not be moving sufficiently to uncover the middle sensor fully. We removed the shutter as a test and haven't been back in there since, so it's unlikely to be the sensor itself, more likely the movement of the shutter
    Interesting, is that the sensors on the density sensor? The shutter moves manually but can't see if it moves electrically.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Being "old school", I was taught three basic rules.
    1. Clean the machine.
    2. Clean it again.
    3. Clean it again.

Cleaning the machine solves easy 75% of the problems on walk in.
    The cleaner the machine, the better it runs and gives you quick in and out calls afterward.

Ricoh has one of the best reliability for board and sensor failures.
    Keeping them clean reduces false board and sensor failures.
    A pile of toner or DV in the back after cleaning is a pointer to the leak.

Work smart, not hard.

Just my $.05 worth. (Damn economy).
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

It hasn't done enough copies to be dirty it's brand new only 1000 copies on it

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Check that the ITB latch is not broken. At the back end of the shaft the lever above the black PCDU is on there is a cam that locks that end of the ITB. When the patch is read the ITB will move forward enough that the shutter Debs mentioned does uncover the sensor fully. Been there done that.

Oh, by the way, next time give us the SC code in your first post.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Tks for the info guys..I've ordered the density sensor and see how it goes