Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP2852 toner fault

MP2852 toner fault

I've got a mp2852 that had very faint prints & kept asking for toner even though the toner cart is new. I ordered a new pcdu unit & fresh developer, I initialized the td as per the manual, this fixed it but now it has come back grrrr

Has anyone see this? I'm wondering if the toner motor has failed?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Re: MP2852 toner fault

Do a engine clear

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP2852 toner fault

Does a forced toner in sp mode bring the quality back? Have you checked the toner hopper? Cheat the front door switches and do a forced toner add to see if the toner bottle is turning. If it is then pull the pcu unit out and see if there is toner in the entrance to the pcu. If not then you might have a bad toner hopper. This is providing that you have the correct toner installed and there is not an old toner cap from an old toner bottle stuck in the hopper blocking the opening of the current bottle.
    Totoro

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abdoolm75 View Post
    Do a engine clear

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
    Don't like, pressed wrong, do not clear anything...

Toner hopper or toner motor is failing.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I once had one that really had me going, new PCU, new toner supply unit, still doing the same thing. It turned out that the old toner cap had been left behind, that had gone into the top of the new bottle, so it now had 2 caps installed. It's something I always check first now
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

The 2852 seems to be quite bad for this. I had one particular machine that kept doing it up until a B027 toner hopper was fitted. That instantly shut it up.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I haven't worked on that model before, so please take this with a grain of salt.
    Still, if time permits you might want to check that the mixing augers in the developer unit are being driven properly.
    The theory behind that is if the augers aren't being driven, the developer material over the TD sensor never moves. So the sensor will not detect the depletion of toner, which is only happening on the top layer of the developer material.
    I suppose the easy way to check this is to manually rotate the augers for a while and then see if anything changes.
    Hope that helps.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I haven't worked on that model before, so please take this with a grain of salt.
    Still, if time permits you might want to check that the mixing augers in the developer unit are being driven properly.
    The theory behind that is if the augers aren't being driven, the developer material over the TD sensor never moves. So the sensor will not detect the depletion of toner, which is only happening on the top layer of the developer material.
    I suppose the easy way to check this is to manually rotate the augers for a while and then see if anything changes.
    Hope that helps.
    Copier tech said a new PCDU was fitted, so all the development augers are new, but I'll forgive you as you haven't worked on this model
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP2852 toner fault

Guys, just left this one, toner bottle is turning in output check, I swapped the toner hopper over from their other machine (they have 2 mp2852) & after a short rotation the toner depleated messaged cleared. I looked at the hopper & cant see anything wrong with it, if I open the shutted toner pours out!

I've ordered a new one anyway.

Thanks all ☕️
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    My 2 cent, that the mylar-flappers of the bottle-holder are loose. The glue fails and then the flapper blocks the toner-output. Had this very often on RUSSIANS & ALEX-series.
    Greetings...